Chapter 25 : Catharsis

Start from the beginning

    Charlie opened his eyes, staring at you affectionately. He felt like cartoon hearts were coming out of his eyes as he watched the way that you carefully read the lines off of the page.

    He took in the clothes you were wearing, the small details. The color of your nail polish and the way that your eyebrows furrowed together slightly as you said the line.

    Charlie was so in love with you.

    You continued on, not realizing that he was looking at you. "Hades hath taken our friends away. And we two are left alone. I-" You glanced up at him and faltered when you saw that he was looking at you.

    Charlie chuckled, meeting your gaze. "Don't let me interrupt."

    You shook your head and lowered the script. "I can't do it if you stare at me like that."

    He smirked and set his copy of the script down beside him on the bed. "You're shy now? You didn't act that way when I had the camera out the other night." Charlie teased you, referencing the way that you let him take photos of you in your lingerie.

    You gave him a look, half playfulness and half surprise. "Oh, really?"

    "Really." Charlie said, the cocky grin on his face widening.

    You let out a short chuckle before you rushed towards him, jumping onto the bed and into his lap.    

    Charlie made a quiet 'oof' noise with the way you almost knocked him over but it was soon replaced by deep laughter as he realized you were attempting to tickle him. "Hey," He said happily, attempting to peel you away from him so he could stop you.

    You ignored him, straddling his waist so you could tickle his sides, laughing just as much as he was.

    In these moments with you, Charlie was reminded of how thankful he was to have you.

    There weren't a lot of times when he felt this carefree and comfortable. He wasn't sure what he did with this energy before he knew you.

    At one point, he grabbed your wrists gently and gave you a warning look, stopping you. "Knock me over like that again and I might not be able to get back up. Wouldn't you feel terrible?" He teased you, leaving quick and rushed kisses all over your arms.

    You were squealing and giggling at the way that he was kissing you, tickling you in his own way with his lips. "Maybe." You said playfully.

    He smiled and pulled away, catching his breath as he stared at you. The look in his eyes was of pure affection, hints of red on his cheeks from the happiness and exertion of wrestling you. "You're so pretty."

    You couldn't help the smile that spread on your lips to hear that. You leaned forward to kiss him, "You're so sweet." You mumbled against his skin, "And handsome."

    Charlie hummed, moving a hand to cup the back of your head and hold you in place as he continued to kiss you. "I love you, angel." He whispered. "My pretty little angel girl. I'm so lucky."

    You made a quiet noise of happiness, deepening the kisses by running your tongue along his lip. "I love you," You agreed with him, moving so that you were able to push him down gently on the bed, his back colliding with the mattress.

    His hands went instantly to your hips, "What did I say about pushing me down like that?" He asked you in a playful way, squeezing his grip on your body.

    You ran your hands over his chest, staring down at him. You weren't usually in charge when it came to interactions between the two of you but you weren't afraid to be bold with him. He always made you feel safe.