Chapter 8: Hiding

Working with Charlie Barber was such a rush. It was the constant high of getting away with something that you shouldn't, the thrill of potentially being caught and still doing it anyways.

    Everytime the two of you were near each other, it was so difficult to pretend like everything was professional and as wrong as it all was, it was so much fun to feel this way. You and Charlie both woke up in the morning with a quickly beating heart and smiles on your faces. It had been so long since either of you had anything to be excited over.

    You were currently standing up by the printer to collect the scripts you were printing off. You were alone in Charlie's office, trying to think of anything besides the man himself because it made it so hard to get anything done.

    You had your headphones on, making it impossible to hear that someone had just entered the room. Feeling hands on your waist from behind made you jump and let out a small noise of surprise, covering  your mouth after doing so.

    "Shh." A deep voice hummed, leaning down towards your ear as the headphone was pulled out of it. As if you weren't fully aware before, you could tell that the hands belonged to Charlie and your skin was on fire from the realization.

    "Charlie..." You tried to protest, looking around quickly to make sure that the two of you were alone. His office was almost always empty during the afternoon. Even though this was nerve wracking, you had a big smile on your face, loving the attention from him.

    Charlie grinned at your reaction, his hands staying on the indent of your waist as he carefully took the other headphone out of your remaining ear from behind you. His head ducked down close to your neck, "Are you getting some work done for me?" He asked in a soft voice, eyes flashing toward the papers coming out of the printer.

    "I'm trying to." You giggled, subconsciously arching your back away from him, moving your hips closer to his. "You're distracting me." You teased him, grateful for the interruption from your racing thoughts as you did his otherwise mindless task for him.

    The two of you hadn't had much time alone since Monday, when you had been on your knees under his desk for him. The two of you were practically aching for each other. There had been a few brief moments where you could press your lips silently against each other in a small hallway or when you were alone in the rehearsal space. But other than that, this was the closest the two of you had been in days.

    Charlie's lips ghosted against the skin on the crook of your neck, squeezing your waist when he felt the way it made you shudder. Although the contact with you caused his pulse quicken because of how risky it all was, touching you just felt so natural and right. "Take a break." He told you, gathering the papers that were sitting in the slot of the printer and setting them down on the desk beside it.

    "But I'm not done." You told him, glancing up at him over your shoulder with wide eyes, a playful smile on your lips.

    Charlie chuckled at that, although he knew you were joking, you were so eager to help him with anything that he could've almost believed that you were honestly that enthusiastic to print off some papers for him. "What? Are you afraid you'll get fired?" He asked you in a teasing way since he was your boss, after all.

    You rolled your eyes as you turned around in his arms, facing him and staring up at him. You hadn't been prepared to feel as startled as you did at the closeness, your chest practically pressed against his. As natural as this all felt, there was still a level of cautiousness that came along with it.

    Charlie was distracted by the intimacy as well, jaw tensing. He wanted to kiss you but he wasn't sure if he'd have the strength to stop once he started. He took a small step away from you, feeling more in control when he wasn't so close to your thumping heart.