Jennie ☆ Endlessly

Pairing: Jennie x Fem!Reader

Summary: After a fateful encounter steals you away from Jennie, you come to realize it might not mark the end for your love.

Word Count: ~ 8,358

Warnings / Misc. -- Death, Depression, Angst, Healing, Fluff (Happy Ending)

Disclaimer: This writing is a work of fiction, and no disrespect is meant for those mentioned herein.

A/N: Hey everyone! Hope you enjoy this one :) 💜 I just recently finished watching Goblin, and it inspired me to write this 😌🤘

(Note: In a later piece of dialogue, a Jamie Anderson quote is used as inspiration. The dialogue is basically the same as the quote from her, just with a few extra words.)

》》》 Happy Reading ❤️‍🔥🌹《《《

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

The burning, jagged path that the bullet etched into you wasn't what hurt. To be honest, at that point, you couldn't feel much anymore; the adrenaline was overpowering.

But what did hurt, what made your heart ache, deeply and irrevocably, was knowing that Jennie was there to witness it all.

Her dark eyes were washed in a new gleam of horror as you fell to your knees, helplessly gasping for air but only managing to draw in short bursts of it. She watched as blood soaked a circle into the fibers of your shirt, deep crimson sprawling across your abdomen at an alarming rate.

But you just looked on, smiling a bittersweet smile at her. She would be safe now, thanks to your sacrifice, and you could die peacefully knowing that.

Your vision began to blur then, turning hazy and closing in upon itself. Dizziness racked your body, soon sending you falling onto your side. The ground was harsh, unforgiving -- you'll never forget how it felt beneath your fingertips. How cold and final it was; that you knew then you had arrived at your place of departure from this Earth.

It was a terrifying reality to attempt to grasp all at once, but Jennie was by your side before you could get too scared. Her warm hands chased the fears from your mind as she touched your forehead, clearing your hair out of your face.

"Y-Y/N..." her voice broke, just the same as her heart.

"I know," you soothed, bringing a hand up to wrap around her wrist. Some blood got on her in the process, and part of you regretted touching her because of it.

Your free hand stayed in front of you, applying pressure to the wound in your stomach in order to buy some more time.

"I'm not hurting, jagi."

It was a lie, of course, but with good reason. The hopeless look in her eyes was more painful than what you were experiencing anyway, and you'd have said anything to make her feel better.

Merely two feet away, the mugger that you fended off laid in a heap of filth and ruin. The gun that he shot you with rested on the ground, his fingers no longer tightly curled around its handle. The life had already drained from his eyes a few seconds prior as he succumbed to his injuries, thanks to your efforts.

Jennie's brows lifted in realization. "I'll call an ambulance," she declared, sitting up on her knees to retrieve her cell phone from her purse. Tears streamed freely down her cheeks, each droplet bitter and filled with budding grief.

But you held onto her, stopping her and silently shaking your head when she glanced down at you in a rush.

"Just be with me," you asked softly, knowing it wouldn't do any good to waste time calling. The nearest hospital was halfway across town, and you had a couple minutes or so left at best.