Jennie ☆ Die For You

🗣 Requested On Tumblr

👩 Fem!Reader

WC: 3,705

⚠️ Warnings / Misc: Angst, Fluff, Near-Death Experience, Language, Happy Ending

🎶 "Die For You" by The Weeknd

♡ Happy reading ♡

□《》■《》□《》■《》□《》■《》□《》■

Jennie Kim has a magnetic pull to her - one that is relentless and unwavering once it takes control of you. It's hypnotic in every way; sweet torture in its truest form; and you're always left to pick up the pieces.

The arrangement that you share with Jennie has been clear from the get-go: friends with benefits, no strings attached. Neither of you have time for anything serious, and this seemed like a win-win: always having someone to come home to when you happened to be in the same area at the same time? Hell yeah.

You hate that you want me

Hate it when you cry

You're scared to be lonely

'Specially in the night

Gradually, though, things got messy - lines became blurred as feelings mixed into the equation. You did everything in your power to make them go away, reminding yourself time and time again of the agreement you had. But in moments like these, as you lay in bed with Jennie, her head resting on your chest as your hand runs through her hair, you can't help how your heart swells. Pale moonlight traces patterns on the floor, wiggling its way into the room to offer a soft glow and ambiance. In here, you're untouchable: no cameras or prying eyes; it's just you and Jennie, free to be yourselves. Given this fact, you've grown to have a love-hate relationship with these four walls; they're your haven - your refuge - but they serve as a brutal reminder of just how limited your relationship with Jennie is.

Nothing is certain: weeks turn into months - especially when she's on tour or otherwise occupied with her busy schedule - and you're left to your own devices, waiting on her return. Each day without her brings you closer to believing that you're strong enough to move onto something better - something more consistent; but then there she is, knocking on your door again, completely pushing that absurd idea from your mind. One smile from her is enough to reel you back in, and it only makes you feel more conflicted.

Jennie stirs in her sleep, nuzzling her face closer into you as she brings a hand up to rest against your collarbone. Her body twitches lightly, lips pursing and pouting against your neck, and you wonder what she's dreaming about. She doesn't seem to be distressed in any way, so you take the opportunity to get a good look at her. Within the next couple hours the alarm would be blaring that sound that you despise more than anything else in this world, signalling for her to get ready and head off to the airport to leave you all over again. Despite the circumstances, you're comforted by the fact that she always makes sure to set it for the very last second, barely giving herself enough time to catch her flight - she wants to spend every moment possible with you, and she makes it a point to do just that. Tearful goodbyes in the back of your car would be too involved for your "relationship", so you always try to seem unaffected (or, at least, as close to that as you can manage). You save your tears for when you arrive back home, where you spend the evening coming to terms with her absence. She would never tell you, of course, but her flights are known to bear witness to plenty of sadness for her as well; with each new mile added to the distance between the two of you, her heart breaks a little more.

~~~~~~~

It's been 4 months since you last saw Jennie. The time apart had offered you a new perspective, something in the long nights without her affirming what you already knew to be true - you weren't capable of continuing on like this much longer. Nothing about your situation was ever simple; the instant you began catching feelings, it all became muddled. The one rule set - the only principle you were tasked with following - had been broken, and there was nothing you could do to repair it.