Rosé ☆ Too Late To Apologize?

🗣 Request On Tumblr

👩 Fem!Reader

WC: 6,026

⚠️ Warnings / Misc: Angst, Self-Doubt, Strained Marriage, Crying, Some Swearing, Fluff, Happy Ending

🎶 I highly recommend that you listen to these songs along with this story:

1.) You Were Good To Me – Jeremy Zucker & Chelsea Cutler

2.) Surrender – Natalie Taylor

3.) The Night We Met – Lord Huron

4.) I Found – Amber Run

♡ Happy reading ♡

□《》■《》□《》■《》□《》■《》□《》■

Hongdae, Seoul – 8:00 PM

"Good evening, everyone! Before I open the doors, I'd like to thank each and every one of you for taking the time out of your day to stop in. We couldn't have done this without your support, and we're endlessly grateful. We hope you have a wonderful experience with us tonight. Now, without further ado, welcome to La Rêverie!"

To your amusement, the sizable crowd erupts into a fit of cheers once your opening speech is over. Echoes of the joyous sounds carry across the city, wiggling their way through the alleys and streets, bouncing off of the nearby buildings. The customers slowly filter in, greeting and congratulating you on their way; you're beyond excited to start this new journey, and seeing people so happy to be a part of it only makes you more proud.

Eventually everyone makes it inside to their seats, and you join them.

Later That Evening

"Y/N, we have a private party that would like to see you. They're eager to meet the woman behind all of this," Pierre smirks, quirking an eyebrow suggestively. His demeanor confuses you slightly, seeing as how this isn't the first time high profile celebrities have requested your presence – that's just one of the perks of being a world renowned chef. You brush off his remark as playful banter and send him to tell them that you'll be out soon.

"...yes, actually. Y/N and I were fortunate enough to meet when she was studying in Paris; we were being trained by the same chef. We've been close ever since. I'm not surprised that she hired me, though; I'm practically a master in the kitchen."

At Pierre's cocky words, your eyes nearly roll into the back of your head. A small grin plays on your lips nonetheless, and you smooth out your top one more time before rounding the corner.

"What's this idiot on about now? Did he tell you about the time that he nearly got kicked out of our mentorship program for giving Anthony Bourdain the wrong dish?" You ask the table, sending them a glance while ruffling his hair as you come up behind him. They all snicker at that, and it's his turn to roll his eyes; with an annoyed shove, he scolds you for bringing that story up again.

"Must you always tell people about that?"

Your smile widens, spreading cutely across your face. Mocking him is one of your favorite things to do. "Mhm," you say simply, nodding your head for emphasis. He attempts to hide his embarrassment, but it only brings a deeper blush to his cheeks.

At the VIP table, the suppressed sound of laughter carries over to you, and you're reminded of your reason for being here in the first place. Upon offering your full attention to the table now, no longer distracted by Pierre, you're met with 4 different pairs of eyes on you. Warm, yellow light illuminates the area, the classy overhead fixture emitting a soft glow to cast down on the guests beautifully. It's cozy and inviting, just like you had intended it to be, and the sight makes you happy.