Chapter Five

I was sitting by the fire in my old home. I strummed the melody to a song Wilbur had taught me years ago filling the air with the sweet sound of music. Techno had taken over this old house using it as his own. It felt more like his house than anything. I looked outside mindlessly to see the frosted window displaying wintery scenery. Winter weather was more prominent here. From his nearby armchair Technoblade hummed the tune to the song.

I like coming to this house to visit Techno. Techno didn't come to Lmanburg or the majority of the smp anymore so I came routinely to visit. Talking to him kept me sane. We had kept up with our axe duels when the weather permitted. He gave me advice when I needed it and taught me various skills I may need. It had been over a week since I visited Tommy and I still needed to tell him about siding with Dream. Techno had told me a few months ago that Dream offered him a position in destroying Lmanburg on Dreams side. Techno took it.

I stopped strumming the guitar and Technoblade looked up at me from his book as if he understood what was going on. "Dream asked me to side with him." I say breaking the small growing silence.

"What did you say?" Techno asks.

"He told me I didn't have to take part in the fight, he just needed to know I was on his side. I almost told him no." I say.

"So you said yes?" Techno says with a questioning tone. I nod. "Why did you almost say no then?" He asks.

"The way he tried to convince me felt condescending. I didn't give him an answer for a while to purposefully make him anxious." I say. Techno smiles. His smile was rare but genuine.

"So you don't buy his bullshit either." Techno says chuckling.

"No... I definitely don't." I tell him with a smile. I could tell Techno was finished with the conversation so I returned to my guitar. I think this is one of the reasons Techno and I get along so well. We can read each other and understand specific ques in an interaction. Our dynamic was solid. After another hour or so of sitting in the warmth of the fireplace Technoblade and I decided to start dinner. He and I made a meal of chicken and potatoes that I enjoyed. Once I'd finished I helped clean up the dishes then left.

Another thing that had changed over the seasons was Techno and Phil extended the mine rail to a spot near the community house rather than Lmanburg. Once I reached the Community house I got out and took off an outer layer thankful to be back in the warmth of the main area of the SMP. I had agreed to meet Sapnap at the base when I got back. I walked straight from the Community house to the base. I reached the entrance and from outside I heard laughter. I entered to see everyone sitting in the living room with a deck of cards at the center coffee table. Immediately everyone looked over at me.

"Hey Beautiful." Sapnap says smiling. He patted the spot next to him on the love seat motioning for me to sit next to him.

"[y/n] I'm dealing you in." Dream says. Thankfully Dream and I were good at keeping our friend interactions separate from those of delegation.

"What are we playing?" I ask.

"Uno!" Quackity shouts.

"Oh I love that game." I say.

"No, George just got an uno. Add four more cards!" Quackity shouts. George groans. Dream hands me four cards before returning to the game. My turn came and I put down a take two. Sapnap whined.

"Is this green?" George asks, leaning over and showing his card to Dream.

"Yea so is that card and that card." Dream says helping George. About an hour or so continued of the group playing uno. Sapnap wrapped his arm around me revealing what was in his hand. I had 3 cards left. I played a color switch then looked at sapnaps hand.

"HA! You need red to win. I choose yellow!" I shout.

"Awwwww Dream do I have more yellow or green?" George whines. The rest of us poked fun at George struggling between his green and yellow while Dream quietly helped him. Dream leaned in and whispered something. George's face lit up then turned red.

"What George? What card do you have?" I ask. George's focus shoots over to me.

"Sorry what? Oh. I wasn't paying attention to the cards." George says. Dream face palms and the group bursts into laughter.

"What?" Dream asks.

"Oh c'mon now clay!" Sapnap mocks.

"Hey only George is allowed to call me clay." Dream protests. That causes Sapnap and I to laugh even harder.

"Yea and I'm the only one allowed to call Sapnap Nick." I say. The rest of the group picks up and laughs with us.

"What do Dream and Sapnap have in common?" Karl asks.

"What?" Quackity says with a grin.

"They're both currently boning bottoms who like the color blue." Karl says. I feel my face turn red as I couldn't help but laugh harder. We ended up abandoning the game of Uno after another hour then Sapnap and I went to his room to go to sleep. Around 2 am I woke up to a familiar sounding pair of footsteps.