Chapter Three

Absolutely none of this has been proofread. I apologize in advance. 

I turned to see George following me. "George?" I ask.

"You sided with Dream." George says still walking to catch up with me.

"How did you-" I begin to say.

"I know you too well. You had no reason to be that nervous around Tubbo." George interrupts.

"Good to know Dream isn't telling anyone." I say. George caught up and continued walking with me.

"It's actually kindof a relief." He says.

"How so?"

"I don't know. I won't lose my friend." George says.

"Aww gogy." I tease. George rolls his eyes then we approached Sapnaps house. I told him I'd see him later and we parted ways. When I got inside I threw bowser one of puffy's treats and decided to read the letter Tommy had sent.

Dear [y/n],

Being in exile sucks. I miss eating lunch with you and teasing Sapnap. I miss annoying Phil, I want to go home. Dream said Ghosbur could bring letters back and forth if I wanted. When I sat down to write a letter you were the only person who I could think of to write one to. Please come visit me because being stuck here is awful. I need a break from Dream.

Sincerely,

Tommy.

Reading the letter tore at my heartstrings. I was thankful I'd agreed to go see him today with Tubbo. I grabbed a couple things to give Tommy. I packed him a bag with books, stationary so he could write more letters, some food, a jacket he'd left here a while ago, and a picture of him and I throwing a toy for Bowser. Then I added Puffys things and headed back to her house to get Tubbo.

When I picked up Tubbo the boy was practically buzzing with excitement. We got to the nether portal and that's when I noticed Tubbo started looking anxious. "Tubbo what's wrong?" I ask.

"What if he's still mad at me? I am the reason he's there. I was just trying to avoid war I hope he isn't still upset." Tubbo says shakily. I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, It will be okay. You're his best friend." I reassure him. He nods and we step through the portal. About halfway down the path to Tommy's portal I saw Dream leaving. I looked over to see Tubbo practically shaking he was so nervous. "I got this." I say. We walked a little ways before finally meeting Dream in the middle. He looked upset.

"Hi." I say.

"Tubbo what did I tell you?" He says. Tubbo opens his mouth to respond but before he can say anything I cut in.

"Doesn't matter what you told Tubbo. I'm taking him to see Tommy." I tell Dream.

"Excuse me?" Dream says.

"Did I stutter?" I ask. Dreams expression hardens.

"You need to learn your place." Dream says in a low tone.

"Do I? Maybe my place is with Quackity and Lmanburg." I threaten. Tubbo looked confused but neither of us cared. Dream sighs still holding his firm expression and crosses his arms.

"What do you even want with Tommy?" Dream asks.

"I want to see my little brother and he wants to see his best friend." I say.

"And whats in the bag?" He says motioning to the bag full of things I brought tommy.

"Gifts from his friends and family. You know? The one you forced him to leave." I say.

"Actually Tubbo over here did that." Dream says.

"I'd watch what you say right about now." I tell him.

"Why? We're in the nether. And you may be good at combat but I'm good at parkour." He says. I rolled my eyes at the idiot standing before me.

"Dream, In case you didn't hear me, I'd watch what you say right about now." I repeat.

"Fine." Dream says before stepping to the side somewhat defeated. I grab Tubbo's wrist and continue down the path. We got three quarters of the way there before I heard Tubbo whine.

"[y/n] you're hurting me." He says meekly. I look down and immediately release his wrist.

"Oh my gosh Tubbo sorry." I apologize. He rubs his wrist for a second before making eye contact with me.

"What was all that about your place being with Lmanburg?" He asks.

"It was nothing Tubbo." I say. He nods. He definitely knows it isn't nothing but neither of us want to push it any further. We reached the portal and excitement flowed through both Tubbo and I. "Ready?" I ask with a smile. Tubbo nods and steps through the portal. When the overworld was rendered I stepped into a plains biome. Thankfully Tommy wasn't going through too cold of a winter. I looked around to see a tent, a campfire, and in the distance a log wall surrounding a small house. Then Tommy stepped out of the tent. He looked around and saw us.

"[y/n]!" He screamed running to me. He hugged me and I realized how much he'd grown. He had been my height for the longest time but now he was much taller than me. "You came." He says excitedly.

"Yeah we brought you some stuff." I say. He pulls away.

"We?" He asks before looking up and seeing tubbo timidly fidgeting with his hands behind me. "Oh." Is all Tommy says.

"So do you wanna show us around?" I ask. Tommy smiles again.

"Oh yea, welcome to logstedshire. Ghostbur helped me build it. Look this is tnret." Tommy says excitedly. I smiled as Tubbo and I followed him around. He reached the beach and finished his little tour. "So what did you bring?" Tommy asks me.

"We brought you some cookies from puffy and-" Tubbo begins. Tommy was giving him a glare I've only seen before when we were little after Techno killed a chicken that 7 year old Tommy had gotten attached to. He named the chicken Benny and took it with him everywhere. Techno had to butcher it and when Tommy found out he refused to eat meat for months and barely talked to Techno for weeks.

"What?" Tubbo says nervously.

"I didn't ask you." Tommy says.

"Tommy calm down. It isn't his fault." I try to say.

"It is his fault. I'm in exile away from my family because of him." Tommy says.

"Me? You were the one who tried to prove a point to Dream and almost caused us war." Tubbo defends.

"Both of you calm down. Tommy the bottom line is Tubbo came. I argued with Dream for him to be allowed to come." I say. Then there was a shift in Tommy's expression.

"Dream said he couldn't come?" Tommy asks.

"Yeah. [y/n] and him almost got in a physical fight just trying to get me here." Tubbo says.

"Oh." Tommy says.

"Continue showing him what we brought." I say putting a hand on Tubbo's shoulder. Tommy relaxed some and seemed to enjoy the things we brought. The rest of the visit went by quickly. Tubbo and I had to leave before sunset. Tommy told us how his exile had gone and how much he disliked that for the longest time his only visitor was Dream. The sun got low to the ground then Tubbo and I had to leave. We stepped up to the portal and Tommy hugged me again. I promised I would visit him again soon. He avoided hugging Tubbo and said goodbye.

Once we got through the portal the trip home was quick. I walked Tubbo home to drop him off. We got to his doorstep and he hugged me. "Thankyou for standing up to Dream for me." He whispers.

"No problem. Let me know if he causes you any more problems." I tell him. I nod and he goes inside. Then I walked home to Sapnap.