PROLOUGE

"Anne!"

"We are sorry!"

Sorry. Yes, I am sorry.

I am sorry I am not perfect.

I am sorry for bottling up my emotions.

I am sorry for wishing to kill myself

I am sorry for forgetting your words

I am sorry for not cherishing those moments with you

I am sorry I pushed you away.

But most of all I am sorry for letting them come near you. For letting them be with you, breathe with you and I am sorry for letting them tear you apart.

He grabbed my shoulder. I flinched away. I didn't want that hand to touch me. I don't want those hands that committed that sin to even graze my skin.

I looked up with my eyes filled with tears that have ripped my heart apart to find them standing there.

"Jo. We are-", I cut him off as soon as the word leaves that manipulative mouth of him.

" Don't you fucking dare. You have no right to call me that.", I snarled as all the emotions started to change into anger.

"Anne, it was for your safety. We would never do someth-"

" You would what? Never do something like that? Do you even hear yourself?"

He looked torn like what I just said hurt him.

" Anne. We are sorry. Please, is there any way? We would do anything. Please, Joanne. Anything", he begged. He was trying to prove that he was sorry and would do anything to make it right. He looked close to tears but I felt no pity instead I felt hatred.

That's how he looked too. And he wasn't even wrong. He had nothing to beg about or say sorry for..all he ever did was love me. Chase after me no matter how much I pulled away, to be there for me. I imagined his face, those eyes that seemed to speak their own language, the smile that would be cruel not to kiss...I couldn't hold it anymore. I screamed as my heart finally broke.

They watched as their princess broke down. They couldn't believe what they have done. How did a great birthday party turn into this? They wanted to gift her something that would keep her smiling for the rest of her life but instead, they have given her something that would never allow her to smile again.

  <▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎>

"Though I saw it coming it still hurts "