2- Eight unexpected encounters

10 days ago...

"WHAT!!!"

All the eight boys shout in pure shock at the same time.

Their poor manager sighed and pressed his temples while leaning back in his chair.

"You want us to enter a dating...
No! MARRIAGE reality show?!" Jisung asks with raised eyebrows.

"Aniya (no)..." before the manager could explain further, Changbin cuts him.

"First we were stolen off our prime twenties and now you want to take away our right to date who we want. Then you want us to marry by the end of this experiment?!!" He says crossing his arms in frustration.

"Listen-" Manger nim tries again.

"You can't force us to do any of that!!" The leader of Stray kids takes a firm stance.

"This is not what this is about... sigh...
If you just give me a chance to explain."
Their manager looks up in desperation making eye contact with each of them.

He continued-
"See I have known you boys, for over 4 years now. And I promised each of your parents to take care of you."

"I also thought this was unfair and tried talking PDnim out of it- but I can't help but worry now that the dating ban is over."

"You boys have millions of fans and there are many good people in the world who genuinely care about you boys.
But... some malicious people will do anything to prevent your happiness."

"And this 'show' will help you see the real depths of people. It is the closest thing to dating safely."

"Obviously in the end it's your choice if none of the contestants fit with you, but it never hurts to give it a try."

"You never know, maybe you all will find the love of your life through it."

"So, what do you say?" Manager nim finishes while leaning into them.

They all got up and left.

"Aish, this is going to be harder than I thought." Manager nim exhaled.
-

9 days ago...

*Jia's Pov*

"It's raining again today."

*Seungmin's Pov*

The world was passing her by, but this girl just stood there...
unbothered by her surroundings.

She took out her hand and let the rain drip on it.
A smile formed on her lips.

She was unaware of my gaze as I stood astonished by her.