chapter 19

Marina and Manta set the eels after them. Sebastian tried to hold off the eels by pressing his legs against some rocks, which made the eels try to dodge them and slow them down. The crab laughed in victory, but stopped once he was caught in the net. Sebastian pinched Manta's nose and went off to his freedom.

"You guys go, I'll hold off Manta." Atticus said.

"Are you sure?" Ariel asked.

"Come on, we don't have much time!" Urchin pulled the princess away, he was anxious to get away before he could get seriously hurt.

"I am serious." Atticus said.

Manta came to find Atticus. "Well, if it isn't my lunch date I cancelled a few years back?" he grinned darkly, now ready to take down Atticus while Marina would try to take down Ariel.

"Come and get me, big mouth." Atticus said before swimming away to lure him away from Ariel, Urchin, and Flounder.

"Why, you little!" Manta growled, then swam to catch up with Atticus.

Ariel, Urchin, and Flounder had to leave their hiding spot because of a small case of the hiccups. Marina's pet eels FOUND them and went after the three. Ariel, Flounder, and Urchin tried to avoid the best they could. They hid in a cave, but it looked like they were doomed as the eels came closer, but to their surprise, tentecles came down to save them. 

Ray was making a slingshot and he and the turtle shot the fish with a shell helmet against sharp rocks as the eels came out of the hole, but were crushed by it, saving Ariel, Urchin, and Flounder. Marina decided to deal with Sebastian now and get Ariel later, but he was proved to be an even greater opponent. 

"Sebastian and Atticus are in trouble." Ariel told the others.

"Follow us!" Flounder said, going ahead with Urchin to lead the others.

Atticus was even a great opponent for manta as he began to use his strength against him. 

Manta couldn't believe the times he was blown back. "There is no way I'm letting a puny shrimp push me around like this!" he snarled.

Atticus now began to twirl Manta around by pulling him by his tail and was using all his strength, sending him flying into a hole, getting him stuck. Manta was stuck and he struggled to get out. Marina was rolling downhill after being defeated by Sebastian's abilities. Flounder beat one of the eels for scaring him and his friends, but they had to keep swimming away, the eels just wouldn't quit. This caught the attention of Atticus and Sebastian.

"Later, gotta go and help my cousin and friends." Atticus said to Manta, before swimming off.

Manta glared as Atticus left. "You haven't seen the last of me..." he growled, glaring sharply with his red eyes glowing.

Marina began to help him get out of the hole he was stuck in while Atticus and Sebastian helped Ariel, Flounder, Urchin, and the sea creatures with her pet eels. Flounder found a way to confuse and trick with the eels. The eels were trapped in their own knots now and the others were free to go while Marina was with Manta. Everyone cheered for Flounder, just as Triton, Emily, and Patrick finally came to find their children. 

Manta was finally free from his trap and both he and marina swam to where Atticus, Ariel, Sebastian, Flounder, Urchin and all the sea creatures were Manta now didn't care who he killed as long as he took his rage out on someone even if it was Ariel while Marina had her eyes on Sebastian.

"Sebastian!" Ariel gasped as Marina was coming down to defeat the crab.

"Ariel, no!" Triton cried for his youngest daughter, it made him think of when Athena saved Atticus from an incoming cannon ball ten years ago. 

It suddenly seemed all silent and intense as Ariel pushed Marina away, holding the music box close to her chest. Manta swam to finish the JOB on Ariel's death, but Atticus swam to take the hit from Manta.

"Atticus!" Emily hiccuped once she found him, then quickly swam to her only son.

Triton went to pick up Ariel, making her drop the music box in the PROCESS. It opened up and played Athena's song. "What have I done...?" he muttered sadly.

Patrick looked down at Atticus with Emily. Were Ariel and Atticus gone now too like Athena? Atticus had looked like he was dead he had taken the hit from Manta for Ariel, his favorite mermaid cousin.

Triton heard the music and looked above. Athena must have been ashamed of him now, all of this happened because he forbade music. He swallowed softly, then began to sing the SONG Athena sang for their girls.

Finally, Ariel's eyes OPENED up. "Daddy...?"

"Oh, Ariel, I-I'm so SORRY." Triton apologized.

Ariel hugged him instantly. "Daddy, let's go home."

Urchin and the sea creatures smiled.

Triton looked to his in-laws and nephew. "Is he...?"

"I hope not..." Patrick said softly.

Ariel swam up to her cousin, hoping that he wasn't dead. He began TO OPEN to his eyes slowly. 

"Atticus... Honey, it's mommy..." Emily whispered.

Triton came to see too.

"Mommy?" Atticus asked, hoping he was seeing CORRECTLY.

"Oh, Atticus..." Emily sniffled, hugging him close. "He's okay..."

"We're going to take you and Ariel home, Atticus, it's going to be better, I promise." Triton said with a small smile.

Flounder group hugged with the Catfish Club as it looked like a happy ending for everyone. Urchin smiled at them, but frowned as he seemed to be alone, mostly because he was an orphan with no one to go home to. 

"Uncle Triton, have you always wanted a son?" Atticus asked his uncle. "Because I think someone needs a family." He pointed to Urchin, letting his uncle know who he was referring.

Triton looked over. "I love Ariel and her sisters very much... But I have always wanted at least one boy..."

Urchin heard that, his eyes lit up and he swam quickly over. "Really? You mean it?"

Triton smiled. "What's YOUR name, son?"

"Urchin." 

"Welcome to the family, Urchin."

This was great news for urchin was finally going to have a family. Sebastian smiled as Patrick, Emily, and Triton went off with Atticus, Ariel, and Urchin. Life went on just the same as before with some differences. Not only with Urchin adopted into the royal underwater family, but Triton decided to make a big announcement to his people about the law of music after he happily woke up his daughters and new son without having to do a morning walk like with Marina. Atticus and his family joined them.