chapter 7

Athena let Ariel down for a nap when she decided to spend a little more time with Emily while the kids kept playing together. 

"It's good to see you AGAIN, Emily," Athena smiled to her sister. "I wasn't sure when I'd ever see you again."

"I felt the same way, Athena." Emily said to her sister.

Athena smiled. "I love my family and all, but it hasn't been the same since you left... Where did you go?"

"I left to live the life of a human with Mom and Dad." Emily said.

"Oh, Emily... Why didn't you tell me?" Athena showed she wasn't angry or sad, but just curious.

"I just didn't want to cause any TROUBLE." Emily said.

"You would never cause TROUBLE... I know you wouldn't..." Athena soothed with a smile.

Emily tried to find the right way to say that she only didn't tell her because of how Triton felt about humans, but didn't want to upset her. 

"Mama, dinner's READY." Alana swam in.

Athena smiled. "THANK YOU, sweetie... Come on, Emily, you all must be famished." She said to her sister, then swam with her daughter for them all to start eating, she hummed the song that was in Atticus's dreams. She even heard her nephew humming her song while swimming to dinner.

Athena smiled, she even started to sing with him once they were going to sit to dinner with everyone. Triton was the most pleased, he loved Athena's singing voice, it even won her his heart. Atticus was surprised that his aunt didn't ask where he heard her song from, but didn't show it.

"You're very talented." Athena smiled to her nephew, she just assumed maybe Emily told him about it, not aware of THE DREAMS.

Darla couldn't help but stare at the food served to her, it didn't look like anything she had ever seen on a plate. "Um, what is this...?"

"Slug puppies and fishsicles." the sisters told her like it was obvious.

"We're, uh, not use to eating seafood, but I guess it's something we'll try to get use to." Atticus said.

"I'm sure it'll be delicious if you try it." Athena encouraged.

"Darla, we're always telling you to try new foods." Patrick added.

Darla looked disgusted, she took a tiny bite of one and slowly chewed, disgusted, but she then smiled and ate more. It was actually better than it looked and tasted awesome to her. 

"Isn't this better than eating cake and candy all the time?" Jessica smiled.

"Lots!" Darla gushed.

Atticus tried the seafood next and started to liking the food at once. "Delicious." He said.

Emily and Patrick smiled to their children.

"Thanks." Jessica beamed.

Athena and Triton's daughters kept eating their dinner, happily. Except for Ariel, she was too young to eat right now and had to be put to bed when it was dinner time and take naps after she would have lunch.

"I bet Ariel gets to be exactly like you, Aunt Athena." Atticus said.

"She might..." Athena smiled. "I think she looks a lot like me."

"She really does..." Triton smiled, holding his wife's arm. "I know she'll grow up to be beautiful like you."

"What about me?" Adella asked as she looked at her reflection on her clean plate.

"You're all beautiful like YOUR MOTHER." Triton smiled to his six other daughters.

"So TRUE." Atticus said.

The girls smiled. Everyone then happily ate their feast to celebrate Ariel's birth. Athena then left when she heard the cries of her youngest and swam over to fetch the baby of the family. Atticus then went to go and see if he could help.