☞ 𝙸 𝙻𝙾𝚅𝙴 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙰 𝙼𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙾𝙽 ☞

MIDAS HARGREEVES

"Shit."

Y/N opened her eyes. She was standing on a carpet. Funny. She'd seen this carpet before. She looked around. She remembered. Scarlett was standing over there in the corner. Everyone was asleep. Except she wasn't there anymore. It was empty. Where was she? Who was doing this? Was she doing this? 'Interesting.'

"Mother." Is what she heard. She turned around, seeing a tall man with light brown hair staring at her with happy and concerned eyes. "Who are you?" She asked.

"You don't recognize me?" He looked down, taking a few steps forward. "Do you remember when you tucked me into bed every night? You would try reading me those fables, but I couldn't understand them, so I threw them out of my room, and you'd always get so annoyed. So, you had Uncle Mickey come in and tell a story with my stuffed animal bear." He hurriedly. Hands trembling. Her eyes started to widen. She didn't know how it was possible, though. "Did you know I read them now?" He asked. She laughed in happiness. "Midas!" She wrapped her arms around him. She pulled away, looking at his face. His eyes still had that shine that he had when he was a child. His hair looked shiny and wasn't dirty blonde anymore. He must've dyed it. His teeth were white and beautiful when he smiled. His face looked more formed. He didn't have that baby fat that he used to have. He was grown up.

An adult.

"You're so big." She finally said. He chuckled. "I'm not sure who I look more like. Maybe you." She shook her head smiling. "No. You have too much of your father's features. You're like his twin."

"Yes, well, dad grew up." He sighed sadly. "You didn't."

She looked down solemnly. Looking back up at him, she wanted to ask the question. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to save you, mom. Your life is in danger." He said in an obvious tone.

"Wha--" She shook her head confused. "No. Midas, I'm dead. I should be dead." She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. "I am dead, aren't I?"

"Are you saying you want to be?" He asked worriedly.

"Where am I?" She asked. His breath picked up. She felt closed in, like she couldn't get out from wherever she was. "Mother, we're inside your mind. Young Midas. My younger self, is channeling me."

She looked to him with surprised. "You're from the future?"

"I am. Mom..." He took her hands. "In my future... Hala wins. She destroys the world."