Ganache

Two hours and three stitches later, my mothers and I return home. That was not as bad I thought it would be but still worse than anything I've ever felt. I've been lucky to never need serious medical care before today. The most shock I've ever felt in the presence of a doctor is a flu shot.

  When we get home Charlotte and Shelby are sitting on the couch talking about god knows what. What could they possibly have in common? The moment Charlotte sees me though she springs to her feet.

"Oh my sweet baby," she coos. "Are you okay. Let me see your finger."

I try and fail to hide the grin on my face. She's so annoying. Still, I hold my finger up to show her the damage. "It's not too bad."

"Aw baby. Let me kiss it."

Moms give us a strange look, but they say nothing. I think they're used to the two of us at this point.

I lift my finger and Lo kisses it gently. "Poor baby." She says when she pulls away.

  "Thank you, baby." I say.

  Maddox comes out of the kitchen eating a banana. "Oh you're back! Did they take your finger? If so I can I see it?"

  "Maddox." Mama C says warningly.

"This is why I don't cut. Look how dangerous it is." Charlotte declares.

"Well we can't all survive off of energy drinks and nutri grain bars can we?" I ask.

She shrugs. "I know. Everyone can't be as exceptional as me."

"Charlotte, do we need to drag you here for dinner every night?" Mommy asks. She hates to hear that someone isn't eating enough. Which by her standards no one does. Except Maddox. He's the only one she's never had to worry about.

"You can drag me anywhere, Mrs. Evans. Any of you, really." She smiles widely in their direction. "Miss C." She winks at her.

I punch Charlotte with the hand that isn't injured. "Stop!" I whine but all three of my mothers only laugh. If Charlotte isn't flirting with me, she's flirting with my moms. Especially mama C.

  Charlotte laughs and wraps her arms around me. "Don't be jealous. So are you going on your date all bandaged up?" She asks.

  "I guess that finger is out of commission." Maddox teases from the couch. He has his feet in Shelby's lap but she doesn't seem to mind.

  I ignore him. "I guess, but now Tyler is coming over. I don't want to leave them unattended after I invited them over. That seems rude."

  "They can hang out with us! We're entertaining." Mama C says.

  "Yeah!" Maddox agrees.

  My twin comes shuffling down the steps. His hair falling into his eyes as usual. He scratches his scratchy little beard. "Do they like video games?" He asks quietly.

  "Yeah! They do." I answer. I forgot the two of them have that in common.

  Mason nods. "K."

"Come on. Come on. Come back to my place. I know you didn't bring anything to wear date worthy." Charlotte says as she grabs my good hand.

"I don't want to play dress up." I say defiantly.

Lo let's go of my hand and squishes my face with her palms. "But that's what Barbies are forrrr."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever."

***

  After fussing and arguing with Charlotte, Mama C, and Shelby about my look for the evening we're finally done. I would love to say I told them this was a bad idea. I want to tell you that I hate the way I look but that would all be a lie. I look good as hell. I was such a girly girl when I was younger but as I got older I kind of just chilled out. Behind the camera it doesn't matter what I look like. Most nights out I simply let my hair down, put on a little eye liner, and a cute dress. Maybe I'll wear jeans sometimes. Depends.