Cut!

I wake in my childhood room. It is silent. I am warm and comfortable. I feel as safe as ever. I love the knowledge that my moms are so near by and my brothers would be by my side in a second if I called for them. I love New York so much. There's so much to do and see but I never felt as at home there as I much as I do here in the city I was raised.

  Before I even open my eyes or roll over, I can hear my phone buzzing on the nightstand. It's probably no one except Charlotte trying to make plans for the day. Any time I'm home, we bug each other constantly. She's my partner in crime. I miss her so much when I leave.

  When I finally grab my phone I'm surprised to see it's not Charlotte. It's Tyler. "Hello?" I answer.

  "Damn this is like the third time I called you. Oh my god were you still sleeping?" They ask. "It's like 11:30."

  "It's only eight thirty here, Ty." I remind them.

  "Oh fuck. That's right." There's a slight pause. "Anyway. I'm at the studio organizing some of my—"

  "Wait what?" I ask, cutting their sentence short.

  "What?"

  "Why are you at work? I thought you were going home for the holidays."

  They sigh heavily. "Yeah me too. My father and I got into an argument over the phone on my way to the airport. He told me not to even bother coming. My mom was on his side."

  I frown. "Wait. So... what? You're going to be alone on Christmas?!"

  "No silly. I'll have Jim."

  "Jim?" I ask. Tyler never mentioned a significant other and we talk all the time. They're my closest friend in New York. I probably wouldn't have survived that first year without them.

  "Yup. Jim Beam."

  I roll my eyes. "No way. I'm coming back. There's no way I'm letting you spend the holidays drunk and alone."

  "Don't be crazy. You're not leaving your moms. They'd be heartbroken."

  They have a point. "Fine. You're coming here."

  "Meg. Literally no."

  "Yes! Definitely yes."

  "I can't! I'd be intruding. That's your family." They whine.

  "Nobody cares! My moms would love another child to dote over. You can have my share of attention. I don't need it."

  "You say that but I'm sure your parents wouldn't like it."

  I roll my eyes and hop out of bed. Quickly I run down the hall to my moms' bedroom and knock on the door.

  "Come in." Mommy says.

  When I step inside Mama E is still in bed. Mommy is poking her head out of the closet and mama C is on the floor. Just sitting on the floor. I wonder what she was doing. Anyway. "Hey moms. Can Tyler come over for Christmas? Their mom and dad are jerks."

  "What? Of course!" Mama C says. "Tell them to get over here right now!"

  "We'd love to finally meet them." Mommy says.

  "Yup." Mama E mumbles as she rolls over. I think she's still sleeping.

  "Seeee?" I say into the phone. "I don't want to hear it. Get on the next plane here."

  "What about granddad?" They ask.

  "Bring him. I don't care just get your ass here."

  They sigh. "I can't believe I'm going along with this."