Chapter twenty-nine

Start from the beginning

I have already spoken to Mr Dalton and he has agreed to approve this transfer. No need to question him about his teaching or anything similar. I am certain it is I who is not pleased with his classes.

Above all that, other students seem to like his classes for the challenges he gives out. I have no doubt Mr Dalton has a passion for mathematics and he does not hide it during his teaching. After Mr Davis's resignation, Mr Dalton was truly a breath of fresh air and I am more than certain that other students can learn a lot of valuable knowledge from him.

Nevertheless, I would appreciate it if you could approve this move. On top of that, if you could I would like to sign up for the master's final exam for next year in May.

Thank you for your time, Mrs Adalwen, and if you find the need to question me about any of the topics I have covered in this email, feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Amelia Bartley

"You're not seriously transferring out of his class." I hit send without another doubt and closed my laptop shut.

"And I'm graduating in May. If you have anything against this, please go fuck yourself." I stood up from my chair and stormed out the door.

"Amelia!"

"I'm off to Rose's!" I shouted back before I went through the door and called my friend.

--------

"He's a dick," Rose said as she made a pina colada at the bar of her kitchen. Vienna's hand caressed my back as she sipped on her martini.

"Seriously, who would say that?" I wiped a tear away.

"My phone is now on silent from the hundreds of texts he sent me," I grabbed my phone out of the back pocket of my pants and before I could turn it off, Vienna snatched it out of my hand. "Hey!" She walked away from me and typed something. I followed her to retrieve my phone. "Vi!"

"He's a dick who doesn't deserve you." I walked back over to Rose who handed me the drink. I didn't care anymore. Let her call him out, call him names, whatever. I didn't care anymore. "Here," Vi handed me back my phone, "he's blocked and shut for good," I smiled as I tucked it back into my pocket.

"Listen," Rose said as she leaned against the island, "that Atlas prick, I'll have a talk with him." I shook my head before I took a sip of my drink.

"I don't want you to get hurt. He threatened me and I don't doubt you'd get the same treatment." She took a sip of her cocktail.

"How didn't I see through him?"

"It's not your fault." She shook her head no.

"God, if I had known, you wouldn't be in this situation."

"I probably would." And that was the saddest part. "Whether or not I was interested in him, he had the same intentions. He wants that spot at Matrix more than anything. And as we can see, he'll stop at nothing to get it."

"Well, he's getting the spot now," I looked at Vienna on my side. "The college is hosting the charity event a few days after New Year." A charity event, organized by Nate's company every year. Except this year, he'll be present. I sighed before I looked down at the marble table. "You love the event." I nodded. It was a way of getting dressed with the girls and getting drunk on free (watered-down) cocktails. And, of course, the reason behind the event, which was to help the people in need.

"Get all dazzled and pretty and show that fucker what he lost." I smiled at Rose who smiled right back at me. "We're going so you have to join us. Besides, Luke always attends. You can be his plus one."