7: A Spy and A Philosophy

Nathalie Sancoeur went to check on Adrien that night.

Like she does every night and found that she was not there and like any responsible 'almost' parent would do she stayed in the room and waited for her to come back.

What she wasn't expecting was for her to come back in a leather catsuit. So when she did, Nathalie knew she had gotten herself in deeper than she wanted to be.

"Oh Ms. Sancoeur, looks like I entered the wrong house... I'll be leaving now." The girl gave an awkward grin and slowly started backing out before Natalie started talking.

She looked down laughed a little and felt a bit more of her sanity slip away. "So I'm assuming this is how you figured it out?"

Adrien's act dropped and she turned to face Nathalie. She dropped her hands exasperatedly. "How did you know?" 

"Well you just told me and if you were any regular civilian you wouldn't know my name." She smiled at the cat. "Welcome home Adrien."

"Hi and uh yes this is how I figured it out." She went and sat down next to Nathalie, rubbing her left arm a bit.

"You can stay that way for a bit. You look very beautiful." She complimented.

Adrien grinned at the ground. It was the first time she had ever been called beautiful. "Yeah, thank you. I feel great."

Nathalie looked back out at the windows and took a breath. "Oh, what are we gonna do with you?" Nathalie knew this information she held now could get her and Adrien in big trouble if he ever found out. So she wasn't going to tell him.

"Are you gonna tell my father?" Adrien asked.

"No, he would take this away, you have a job to do in protecting Paris. I'm proud of you Adrien. This is big. You are a better person than I could ever be and I hope you stay that way."

Adrien looked over at her. She was still staring over the city with the reflection of the moon in her eyes. Adrien looked out as well. She thought about what Nathalie had said. 'I'm proud of you Adrien' She hadn't heard those words said to her for a long time and no matter how much she wanted to hear those words from her mother one last time when they came from Nathalie, they felt just as special and fulfilling. Nathalie meant a lot to Adrien and she always would.

Nathalie stood up steading herself with Adrien's shoulder. "Alright, you got school tomorrow. Don't stay out too late. Remember fourth days are important." She smiled a bit before going to the door and leaving.

Adrien fell back on the bed, closing her eyes and taking some breaths. 'that went better than expected'

--:-:--

Nathalie was right. Fourth days are important and one of the reasons Adrien showed up to school the next day. She usually tried to avoid using the front doors. Adrien learned from her first day here and she didn't want to get swarmed again.

She went up to Chloé who was sitting on one of the benches in the back of the school courtyard. She sat quietly and stared at everyone.

"What are you doing?" Adrien asked.

She looked up at him and shushed him. "It's called silent observing. Now come sit." She whispered, patting the bench beside her and looking back at the yard.

Adrien sat down as silently as she could then looked back over at Chloé. "So why are you doing this then?" She whispered back.

"This is how you pick up on all the drama Adrien. You sit and listen." She responded, not glancing back at her. Little did they know a certain blunette was doing the same from the wall behind them.