Act I • Chapter 12

Start from the beginning

The violet eyed twin bit back a chortle at the rare sight before her. Lo and behold the almighty Uchiha Sasuke, his arms folded in his chest. A bitter and offended look plastered on his pouty face.

H-he's sulking... The other two thought with a sweat-drop.

"Ah Sasuke's here as well!" Naomi tried lightening his mood. But it looks like it brought an opposite effect to the boy instead. Why is he glowering even more?!??

Sakura clenched her teeth as she stomped towards the raven and punched his shoulders. "Oi Sasuke brat! How dare you make Naomi-chan feel bad!"

"Hn."

Sakura earned an irk mark at the short and effortless retort and snapped back at the raven. "Hn?!!? Is that the only sound that your useless little mouth can produce?!"

The twins watched with uneasiness as the pinkette and raven continued bickering with each other. "Sis.. Are we not going to stop them??"

Naomi hummed a little before composing herself back. "Nope! Sasuke and Sakura will be just fine!" Despite their change of characters, maybe they'd still be the end game.

"The last one! Uzumaki Naruto!"

"Welp! It's my turn 'ttebayo!" The male twin turned to his sister with bright innocent eyes. Naomi couldn't help but to let out a genuine small smile and pat his head. "Go on Naruto."

The boy vigorously nodded, a positive air surrounding him as he left for his test.

The purple eyed twin continued to watch the Haruno and Uchiha bicker for a moment before her eyes caught the sight of Shikamaru staring into space.

She raised a brow and tilted her head as a silent confusion from the Nara's gesture. She tried motioning her hand in the air from her spot but when she got no response, she took it upon herself to go to him, and snap him out of his thoughts.

"Yo Shika!"

The Nara blinked and focused on Naomi who was now standing in front of his desk. "What?"

Naomi let out a chuckle as she leaned. "Shika has been in his dreamland for quite a while now."

"..Oh."

Naomi sat down beside him and hummed, her practiced smile always present. "Hmm, is something bothering Shika?"

"Nothing much," the Nara said. "I'm merely thinking of new strategies and tactics for our next Shogi duel. I have to step up my game if I want to overcome your number of wins essentially."

"..Ohh! So Shika is now starting to take Naomi seriously!" She teased, her eyes narrowed paired with a smirk.

Shikamaru playfully rolled his eyes and sighed as he laid his head beneath his folded arms on the desk. He heard her giggle before leaving. Probably to go talk to Sakura or Shino.

It was true that the Nara was contemplating on his approach on Naomi. But not in the game of Shogi. For the past years they had played together, she had mostly won despite battling against a Nara like himself.

Shikamaru was stunned at first. It wasn't everyday that he got to be outsmarted by someone outside the Nara tree. It never failed to be a thrilling and unpredictable battle every time he clashed with her. And during those times, a thought he long buried, resurfaced.