♧⃘ thirty-seven ♧⃘

Start from the beginning

Answer Decline

"Hello?" I hit the answer button in a rush.

"I'm- sorry."

I dropped the phone on the floor beside me. Oh no, oh no, oh no.

"Juniper?" I heard Cate's voice echo through the phone.

"Oh sh*t- I'm sorry C," I scurried to pick up the phone, "I think I.. heard something."

"Are you doing okay?" I could sense her concern through her voice. She knew exactly what I was talking about.

"Yeah, sorry." I cleared my throat, my head starting to throb. "What was the bad news?"

Another person interrupted the call, but this time I wasn't hearing things. "Shoot, I have to go." Cate spoke urgently and quietly. "I'll call you again later."

I heard a beep and put my phone down. I stared back out the window. My hand was still wet--I didn't bother wiping it off when I got Cate's text.

The rain had lowered down now but there was still a slight drizzle.

"Juniper?" She said behind me.

"Lily!" I turned to look at her, and stood up to hug her. "Oh my gosh, you have to give me all the details."

"Juniper," Lillian had a pitiful look on her face which shocked me. "what's wrong?" She wiped something off my face which I automatically knew was a tear. I hadn't even noticed I was crying.

"Oh, that was just from the rain. Now--" I changed the subject eagerly, "tell me everything."

She smiled, and motioned for us to sit on her bed.

"So, he inviting me to go shopping like super randomly. We went to this cute craft store and threw pennie's in the fountain." She laughed under her breath. "Then he bought me a shirt that had a lily flower design on it, which was adorable but it's a bit too big so I'll be wearing it as a night-shirt."

"I would like to see that after."

"Yes, of course. And then we went home."

"I know that's not all, because--"

"Darn it. It's cheesy, I don't know if you want to know the rest."

"Tell me!" I urged, and gave her an 'innocent' frown. "We all saw you guys out in the car."

"Oh my gosh you all saw that?"

"Everyone. Which is why you have to tell me. It's against the law not to."

"Right."

"Correct."

"Fine." Lily sighed but she couldn't hide the smile. "When we got home after shopping it was raining, and I wanted to lay down on the pavement so I brought him with me. Then when it started getting cold, he stood up and helped me up as well and-" She stopped and her face got red.

"And?" My eyes widened in curiosity. "Did he..." I covered my mouth and gasped as she nodded. "Oh my gosh, he kissed you!"

"Shh!" She put her finger up to her mouth. "That's not even the end. Then we got back into the car and he put a blindfold on me. When we got out of the car he took the blindfold off and we were at this butterfly garden with a bunch of flowers. Nobody else was there so it was just us. My favorite part of that was probably when he got down on one knee, pulled out a pink lily flower and said 'I picked you'."

"Oh. My. God. Lily." I started cheering. "You guys are so cute oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my-"

We went on talking about it, and when she covered all the details, Lily asked to move on to another topic with the excuse "so the conversation doesn't get old and boring".

"I told Nephitie something I definitely shouldn't have." For the first time that night since Lily got back home, I haven't thought about it, but I knew it was something Lily should've been the first to know about so I had to tell her.

"And what is that?" A worried look grew on her face.

"I genuinely--I like Tom." It didn't take long for Lily to start blabbering about "I knew it!" and "This is such a romantic night!" comments. I couldn't tell if telling Lily helped or not, but I knew I was doomed.

:)

a/n; no way! is that... a laconic chapter... after months of waiting?!?! yes!!! crazy, i know.
i literally haven't had motivation or confidence or even time to write another chapter but i'm so excited that i finally finished another chapter. i would like to thank the random spotify playing i found for helping me get through it.

also I'M SOOO EXCITED TO (SOMETIME) WRITE THIS SCENE IN KILIG IN LILY'S POV IT'S SO CUTE

please give me ideas and feedback in the comments

ily all <333 stay safe out there
and my dms are always open *smooches /p*

also cute reminder lily's in real life birthday is june 25! tomorrow for me as i'm posting this chapter. please leave happy birthday's here :)