♧⃘ thirty-six ♧⃘

I scrolled through my notes app. When I was bored, I used to make scenarios of how I would like people to ask me out. It seems weird, but I was a hopeless romantic back then and it was my only way of not feeling so lonely.

I was sat on my bed at around 3am. I couldn't sleep, and I couldn't stop fangirling over the fact that Lily confessed to me.

It had been about a week since, and we haven't made any progress yet. Lily had suddenly distanced herself from George after she told me, which surprised me. When I had a crush in the past, I would try to be with them whenever possible.

Maybe she was scared. Maybe she was second-guessing my idea.

"Found it." I whispered under my breath and clicked on it.

Ask them out with a note :)

"My middle school self was quaking, but I guess it's cute."

• Buy them flowers

"That one would be perfect for Lily, oh my gosh." I threw my hand over my mouth, and then continued to scroll through the list.

Bring them coffee

If someone brought me coffee and then asked me out, I would marry them on the spot, I don't even care if I barely knew them.

• Over text

Oh gosh, I really was that desperate back then.

I decided to go with the 'buy them flowers' technique. I shut off my phone and ran to Lily's bedroom.

She was listening to music on her headphones, staring at the ceiling clearly zoned out in thought.

"Hey Lils." I walked over and tapped on her shoulder, in which she slightly jumped and took out on airpod.

"Oh, hi Juniper." The brunette smiled at me, with an eyebrow raised. "What is it?"

"I found out how you could ask George."

"Hm?" She sat up, interested but cautious.

"Flowers." I spoke, and sat waiting for a reaction from her. She slowly smiled, probably imagining how it'd play out. "So- like you buy him flowers, his favorite flowers to be specific. If you don't know, ask him. Say it's for like a science project. Then he knows you're up to something, but he doesn't know what it is so he'll be more interested in you. And then, you give him the flowers with a cute note!" I decided to add the note part, because I could already tell Lily wouldn't know what to say to him.

"Yeah, yeah, that could definitely work." She nodded, thinking more about it. "Gosh, I'm so head over heals for him, Juniper. I don't even know what to do."

"Yeah, well I wouldn't recommend continuing this "not talking to him" nonsense."

"Oh," she sighed. "you noticed."

"Of course I did, you've been distancing yourself from almost everyone ever since the night you told me. Why?"

"I can't even look at him without feeling a pit in my stomach. No way he likes me back. And I don't want anyone to notice that I like him, either."

"Lily, remember what I said? You know I'm cool, but George rather hung out with you when he could've hung out with me. He definitely likes you back." I sighed. "We sound like middle schoolers right now."

"I wonder if Jonathon likes me back!" Lily mocked.

"Oh, no, he likes me! He told me the other day when we were texting! He sends me black hearts with each message." We both laughed, and at that moment I felt at home.