Chapter 4

It was 2:30 and I was hopping into Derek's truck I turned it on and I got a phone call it was my mom " hey mom" I said " Meredith I will be home early today so I was just phoning to tell you incase you come to the hospital looking for me" she replied "ok mom and I have something to tell you when you get there" I said happily " ok bye" she replied. When I got outside Derek's house I honked the horn and his mom came out she congratulated us on our new step in life " hey Mer" Derek said walking out the front door with boxes full of his things he stuck them in the back and climbed into the car. He leaned over and kissed my cheek I started driving when we got to my house we went up to the room I started packing my boxes and started carrying the boxes to the truck as we packed the last box my mom pulled up. "What's going on" asked my mom "mom, me and Derek are moving in together" I replied " YOUR WHAT,MEREDITH I RAISED YOU TO FOCUS ON YOUR EDUCATION AND BECOMING THE BEST SURGEON SO WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!!!" She replied angrily "YOU HAPPENED TO ME MOM YOU MADE ME TURN OUT LIKE THIS IF YOU WERE A GOOD MOM I WOULD NEED TO GO LIVE WITH MY BOYFRIEND BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE A MOM TO SUPPORT ME BUT AT LEAST I HAVE DEREK AND HIS MOM BECAUSE THEY ARE MORE LIKE FAMILY TO ME THAN YOU ARE, BYE!!!" I replied as I grabbed Derek's hand and walked to the truck I got in and started driving as we got to the bottom of the road and stopped I put my head on the wheel and started to cry Derek put his hand on my back and moved it up and down once I calmed down I started driving again and we eventually got to the house.