01

important note : mentions of abortion and rape.
skip the chapter if that makes you uncomfortable.

*grammatical errors ahead.

____

- chapter one -

EVER since that encounter, Yujin found himself buying in that store everyday just to get a glimpse of Gyuvin. Whether he admit it or not, I would say Yujin's heart is slowly beating for the brunet.

And Mrs. Han starts noticing it. One time she saw Yujin reading an English dictionary in his room, she also saw her son watching random western dramas. It was weird and new to her. Yujin isn't fond of any kinds of movie so it's unusual.

"Are you friends with Mrs. Kim mother?"

Mrs. Han turned her head towards her son, alarmed. Why the hell is this kid asking me? Of course, she's Mrs. Han the 'social-butterfly', she's friends with everyone.

"Yeah, why are you asking Jin-ah? Are you going to rant about her again?" she smilingly asked and continued slicing the vegetables. She's glad that her son is starting to open up again with her after the revelations and dramas years ago.

She heard him sigh, "No, mother tell me. Is it okay to fall for someone in just a day?"

She looked at him in surprise, she saw him staring at the potatoes laying on the clothed table. My son likes someone? She thought and she almost dropped the knife dramatically.

"You like Mrs. Kim!?" she shouted.

Yujin frowned and stood up from where he sat, "Ew. She's way too far from my taste and I already like someone else...related to her." the boy mumbled, fidgeting his fingers.

Mrs. Han finally dropped the knife down and approached her son, sitting beside him. "Who's the lucky girl? Is she pretty and nice? Is she as smart as Einstein?"

What?

Yujin frowned at his mom and pouted, "The person I like is as dumb as the Three Idiots." he looked away. He's being indecisive if he could tell his mom that he liked a guy and not a girl.

"And that person is a he, mother." the boy closed his eyes, trying not to cry. Whether he'll be homeless tonight or he'll be treated in silence by his mother.

He started over thinking and unconsciously picking his fingers. "M-maybe I'm just being unbelievable! Y-you don't need to believe what I said. P-please forgive me-"

Minutes later, he felt his head being leaned on a soft delicate chest, "It's okay. That's cute."

He swiftly let go from his mother's hug and looked at her, the lady was wearing an accepting smile that surprised him. "W-what are you talking about?"

Mrs. Han caressed her son's cheeks and placed a soft kiss on his forehead, "I accept for who you are Yujin, I respect you for the path you chose. 'Cause you're my son."

Yujin finally lets out the tears he kept for so long, it just streamed down like waterfalls. He doesn't care if his mom get to see how awful he looked while crying. She's just so wonderful. "You made me c-cry!" he yelled.

The lady chuckled and playfully hit him on the shoulder, "Calm down honey. I won't repeat that again, c'mon. I'll prepare dinner for us." with that, she went back on slicing.

Yujin stopped crying but he did not wiped the tears on his cheeks, he just stared at his mom's back lovingly. He thought she'd get mad or disown him, he thought his mom is irresponsible. And he's a jerk for hating his mom, blaming everything on her.

The real thing is, Yujin isn't really close to his mom. When he was thirteen, he found out his mom decided to take an abortion while carrying him in her stomach.

And he despised her because of that.

But months later, he also knew that his mom got r*ped by his unknown father. He was full of regrets. It turns out his mom did not proceed of dropping him off because he's innocent, he's just a seven-month-old baby who knew nothing in this cruel world. His mom loved him all her heart out. Well, same love scale with his noona, Seohee. Who's currently working her ass in her office right now.

"What are you looking at hun? You need anything?"

Yujin snapped out from his thoughts and jolted. He immediately stood up and smiled, "Thank you and I love you." he said and went to his room to change.