Road To Survival (3)

Start from the beginning

Walking down the stairs, Jianhong stopped as remembered today's events. That girl, Xinyi. It's no wonder he had seen Mr Tang carrying her from the stairs the first day she arrived. Obviously she was afraid of elevators.

"What is their relationship? What do you think?" Jianhong asked as he closed his fridge before bending down to pick his cat heading back to the sofa.

Just as he was about to sit down, Jianhong paused hearing the doorbell ringing. Heading to the door, Jianhong opened it sighing as he saw the rest of his members enter.

"You are here. What are you doing here?" Jianhong asked.

" We came to celebrate. In the next few weeks, you and Randy will be very busy." Liuxian said.

" Senior, are you guys really having a survival program? I thought only happens in dramas." Mochi said as they took their seats.

"It's more like an evaluation." Jianhong said as he helped them spread out the dishes.

" Hope you don't mind. Mochi, open the windows. You have such an amazing view yet you always keep the curtains closed." Randy said watching as Mochi got up to open the windows.

"Stinky tofu. No wonder you told Mochi to open the windows. And you were scolding me." Jianhong said rolling his eyes.

Few minutes later, all of them laid on their backs laughing and drinking. Away from the media. Even though none of them said it, he knew they missed being on stage just as much as he did. Obviously the company was putting all their focus on the new girl group which meant Winter Night would have to take a back seat until then. Tomorrow was going to be another stressful day.

************************************

Just as he predicted, the next day was indeed stressful. Entering the practice room, the loud cheers almost made him faint. He was an idol and cheers from fans or crazy girls who liked them was supposed to be normal. Unfortunately for him, yesterday he had drank.

"Greetings Senior JH." The trainees said.

Smiling at the trainees, Jianhong entered the room glancing around. Randy had not yet arrived. Just as he was about to ask, the doors opened and Randy entered wearing dark sunshades just like him. Obviously this was the only way. In their agency, as seniors, they were allowed to do whatever they wanted. As long as they didn't corrupt the juniors.

"Are you guys okay?" Mrs Liping asked making Jianhong close his eyes.

Of course. She was the one staff would be able to tell. Gazing at Randy, Jianhong watched as Randy moved away talking to Xinyi while he dealt with Mrs Liping.

"JH. What's wrong?" Mrs Liping asked again.

"Nothing. I just think I'm coming down with a fever. The lights. They are a little bit bright for me." Jianhong said smiling.

" Do you want to go to the hospital? JH, you are the leader. How can you get drunk a day before the evaluation starts? What's wrong with you?" Mrs Liping asked whispering.

At this point, he knew there was no way he could hide it. Mrs Liping must have already known since yesterday.

"You heard when Mochi was drumming?" Jianhong asked whispering as he leaned in.

"You guys are idols. And your glass isn't exactly not transparent. I saw how cute he was acting." Mrs Liping said.

" They wanted to celebrate. It's my fault for not handling things well." Jianhong said watching as she rolled her eyes.

" Don't worry. I'm not going to tell on you. Just pray Mr Tang doesn't come here because of her. That girl. They seem to have a good relationship." Mrs Liping said referring to Xinyi who was laughing at whatever Randy was telling his team.

Yes. They did seem to have a good relationship. Even when she had been hurt, Mr Tang had rushed there. Just like Liena, her debut must have been already set. Liena was Mr Zhang's only daughter. She would have debuted a long time if she didn't have the bad luck of always falling sick or getting injured whenever it was time for her to debut. Maybe it was heaven allowing her to work hard. Liena had stayed but she became strong and talented. Now, she was one of the agency's big stars.

"Thank you senior. I will surely do my best." Jianhong watched as Xinyi stood bowing her head to the rest of her team members.

Whatever her relationship was with Mr Tang, she had also earned herself a free ticket to debuting.

"Senior, you are here. The girls are waiting." Liena said making him turn.

" Yes. Let's go." Jianhong said walking to her.

************************************

Few hours later, Xinyi stood up stretching as the class ended. Now that they had been divided, each group trained alone which made her happy since she won't have to see that sly Liena's face. Picking up her bag, Xinyi walked to Shu Chun who had been gathering her things.

"The days seem too long." Shu Chun said.

" You want to debut already?" Xinyi asked laughing even though she knew Shu Chun was right. The days were indeed long.

Walking out of the practice room, they both of them laughed as they walked down the hallway. Today, she had been chosen as team captain. Which was definitely surprising since she was the youngest in the group. Knowing the other group, they must have elected Liena to be their team captain.

"What's happened to the elevator?" Xinyi heard Shu Chun ask.

Gazing at the elevator, there was a big caution sign across. This made Xinyi roll her eyes as she realized what was happening. Her cousin. He must have been the one to lock down the elevator.

"What do we do? Do we have to walk the stairs now or what?" Shu Chun asked.