38: Long Week

Or try a long week.

Because six days later, Harry found himself lying in bed, feeling lethargic and puking at various times throughout the day. It was a good thing it was the begining of the month. He wasn't pressed to submit his column anytime soon.

Benjamin had come in the room wanting to play with his playdoh. He really loved the noodle making set his Papa got him for Christmas and he wanted to make meals for him to eat.

"Daddy."

"Yes?" Harry asked.

"Do you feel better?"

"Yes. I feel better. It's just when I get up that I feel like I have to puke."

"Oh." He said.

"Can you still play Playdoh with me?"

"I want to. But I'm just not feeling very energetic today. I think I need to get some more rest. Do you want to nap with me?"

"No." He said.

"I'm not tired. I want to play. Can we call Papa?"

"You want to call Papa?"

"Uh huh."

"You know he's at work, don't you? He's got painters there this weekend and he may not be able to talk."

"He might."

Harry saddened. Not that he was jealous but he kind of was. There used to be a time where Benjamin didn't ask for anyone over his daddy. Not so much anymore.

"Oh, alright. I'll call him. Let's see if he'll answer."

Reluctantly, he reached over and picked up his phone and called Zayn's cell number. It barely even took two rings for him to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey."

"Hey. What's up?"

"Nothing much, I'm just here with Benjamin. Hold on. I'm putting you on speaker phone."

"Okay."

Harry put the phone on speaker and sat it in his lap.

"Okay, Benjamin. Say hi to Papa."

"Hey Papa!"

"Hi, what are you up to?"

"Playdoh."

"Really? Are you making something awesome?"

"Yes? I made spaghetti."

"Was it good?"

"It was good." He said confidently.

"And I save some for you. Will you come eat it today?"

Zayn's smile could be heard through the phone.

"You want me to come over today?"

"Yeah."

"You know what? I miss you a lot so I think I will come by. I might split early and let Louis take over. What do you say about that?"

"Okay."

He chuckled.

"Harry."

"Yeah?"

"He didn't really eat that playdoh, right?"

"No. I watch him very carefully when he's playing with the stuff."

"Okay, good. The last thing we need is for him to get sick."

"Oh. You wouldn't want him to get sick from eating something he shouldn't have. Like me, you mean?"