𝟏𝟎 -- 𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞

"Hi, Peter, it's me. I came by your house a little bit ago and I, um... You weren't there, and so I'm on my way to the airport right now, because there's this early summer class that I found out about, and I thought that maybe that it would somehow be easier, I guess, this way. I think that maybe it's time to let this go. And that's not because I don't love you. It's actually because I do, so, um... Ok, bye." I said to the voicemail.

It's been a few minutes since I said that, there's a traffic jam on the way to the airport. I kinda expect Peter to show up even if it is the last minute. "It's Spider-Man." The cab driver said that have caught my attention. I leaned forward to see what the cab driver was talking about, I started to smile. 

"Stop the cab." I said as I didn't take my eyes away from the scenery.

"Lady, I ain't even moving." I exited the cab as I started to see people leaning on the railings of the sidewalk as they were watching Spider-Man. I continued walking as I eyed the words on the bridge. I read it 'I love you' was the sentence. Tears began forming in my eyes as I smiled happily. I knew he would come for me.

I saw him swinging as he come in my direction. I open up my arms as he catch and continued swinging to where he wanted us to be. I closed my eyes as I was afraid of heights and opened them when I felt my feet were standing on something. 

I looked at Peter. "Hi." He greeted me as I take off his mask and held it.

"Hi." I replied panting and chuckling at the same time.

"Did you get my message?"

"What message? Oh, that one." I pointed at the words on the bridge I saw earlier.

"Yeah, that message. I'll tell you what it says. Says, 'I love you'. Because I love you. And no offense, but you're wrong."

"I'm wrong about what?"

"You're wrong about us being on different paths. We're not on different paths. You're my path. And you're always going to be my path. And I know there are a million reasons why we shouldn't be together. I know that. But I'm tired of them. I'm tired of every single of them. We all gotta make a choice. Right? Well, I choose you. So, here's my thought. England. Both of us." My face turned into a shocked one, I couldn't believe what my ears heard. "I'm following you now. I'm just gonna follow you everywhere. I'm just gonna follow you the rest of my life. I mean, they got crime there in England." I nodded my head.

"Yeah." My voice kinda cracks.

"They got tons of crime, it seems."

"Tons." I confirmed.

"They got, uh, Jack the Ripper." I laughed. "What? They haven't caught Jack the Ripper yet. You didn't know that?" I chuckled once again before I leaned in and kissed him. It was so long ever since our last kiss, the oxygen was back again our chest started to feel enlightened by it. 

We both stopped when we heard something popping. We looked at it seeing all the electricity going off through the city of New York. "Oh, no." I said then I turned to look at Peter. "It must've been the blue guy you fought with the other day." I looked where the electricity was coming from. "He must have cut the power to the whole city."

"There's gotta be some kind of blackout plan, right? Some kind of backup?"

"I don't feel good about this. There's an emergency reset at the power plant. If he cuts the transmission lines, they're never gonna get this back up."

"How will I stop him? Every time I get close, he fries my web-shooters."

"Have you tried grounding them?"

"Yeah, I tried everything. Rubber, plastic..."

"Did you try magnetizing them?"

"I didn't try magnetizing them."

"Ok, well, remember 8th grade science lesson? If you magnetize a nail with a battery..."

"It holds an electric charge."

"Yes."

--

Peter swings through the city seeing a police officer on his megaphone telling everybody to now panic and stay calm but it doesn't seem to work. "Officer!" Peter shouted.

"Spider-Man!" The officer shouted too through his megaphone.

I approached the police officer. "My father was Captain Ethan Jones of the 19th Precinct."

"Yeah, I knew who he was. What can we do for you?"

"Jumper cables."

"Jumper cables?"

"Yeah. And copper wire."

"Am I talking louder than I usually talk right now?!" Peter butted in.

"Yes." I looked at him confusingly. 

"Ho." I looked at the police officer again seeing he was in his car searching for jumper cable and copper wires. Once he did find them, he gave them to me. I walked in front of his car and opened up the hood while he started his car. 

"Your suit will ground you." I warned Peter.

"All right, do it." I started to work the jumper cables on his wrist where his web-shooters were. "Ok, good. Try, try, try. Hurry, hurry, hurry." I pick up the keys inside my coat pockets and place them on his wrist, it worked. "Ok, it works, good. Rub it in. Ok." One of the hanging signs in the store fell. "I gotta go."

"I'm coming with you."

"You're not coming with me."

"Yes, I am." I insisted.

"It's too dangerous."

"I'm coming with you. I've seen the grid specs and I know how to reset the entire system. I'm coming with you! You need me!"

"Ok, shut up. You're coming with me! Shut the thing." As I placed my hand on the hood of the car, Peter shoots his web into my hands. "Sorry. I love you. Don't hate me."

"Peter!" I yelled when he started swinging through the buildings. I covered my mouth when I realized what I'd said. I pulled my hand on the hood and closed it. I walked towards the police officer who just got off the car we used. "Hi, sir. May I borrow this car?" I smiled.

"You cannot." He pulled out his megaphone once more and started shouting at the people telling them not to panic like he was doing earlier. I looked secretly inside the car seeing the keys were still there. I quickly got in the car and drove off.