𝟒 -- 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐝

Why isn't he here yet?  It's already 5 minutes past 8 o'clock. I kept checking my phone for messages --- but nothing. I kept turning my head back to where the entrance is and assume that he was standing outside. I turned my head again and this time he was already there, his face, the expression that he's showing doesn't seem nice.

"Mom?" My mom what chitchatting with my auntie until I called out for her and looked at me.

"Yes, sweetie?" She smiled while asking me.

"Just a second, I'll just." I pointed behind me, she looked behind me and her eyes widen in realization.

"Oh yeah, sure." I nodded my head and stood up. I walked towards where the entrance was and approached Peter.

As soon as he focused his gaze on me I started to talk. "Peter?" I continued to walk and halted when I was finally right in front of him. "What is it?"

"Hey." He replied shortly.

"What's wrong? Are you alright? Kinda nervous?" I chuckled but returned to my concerned face, he smiled but not that smile that I like from him.

"I don't know what I'm doing." I slightly tensed when I remembered his problem ever since we got back together after my father died.

"It's my father, isn't it?" 

"Yeah." Instead of looking at me straight into my eyes, he just stared blankly on the floor. "I see him everywhere I go. I-I can't... I don't know what to do. And I can't get him out of my head." He stared at me and now I was the one ignoring his gaze.

"Yeah, but we've talked about this." 

"I know, but, Ana..."

"It's not his choice."

"Ana." He said my name again and I didn't talk back anymore and just let him continue what his point is. "I promised him that I would keep away from you. And now I'm gonna come and eat dinner with your family. How can I do this? What is that- What is this make me?" I looked at him, I could already see the tears forming in his eyes.

"I don't know, what does the make you?" I passed his question to him again and tried to get his answer out of his mind. 

"It makes me not able to live with myself." He began to walk away but not that far from where I was standing. 

"I thought that it meant you loved me."

"I do love you. I love you."

"Then why isn't that enough?" I began to approach the spot where he was standing and he was looking away from me. "Huh?"

"Because what if something happens to you just like it happened to him because of me?" Even if he's mad at himself, he still managed to keep a calm voice as he talks to me. I began to open my mouth and started to talk back again. "No, wait."

"Listen."

"Wait." He said in a much harder tone.

"No."

"Wait." I instantly gulped when his voice was louder before, I didn't see this mad before. He's always either happy or sad and maybe concerned. "I cannot let that happen."

"Listen to me." I said as I fight with my inner self for not making my voice crack. "You're Spider-Man... and I love that. But I love Peter Parker more. That's worth it to me."

"I can't lose you too."

"If because you can't lose me, we can't be together, who does that work out for, Peter?" 

"I can't. I'm sorry, Ana." I stared at him blankly as I can't hold back my tears anymore. I nodded my head and looked away.

"Wow." A single tear dropped out of my eye, I didn't care about it and just continued to smile while I glanced at him again. "You have done this to me again and again, Peter." I continued to smile even though I just want to cry and be mad at him --- but I can't. He's making a decision between me and the bad guys that he's fighting. I understand his decision, but I hope that ever since we broke up after my father died, I should've wished to stay it like that instead of me getting hurt emotionally again and again. "I can't live like this." He focused his gaze on everywhere but me. "I break up with you. I break up with you." I repeated it and made sure that he heard, even though I know he heard the first one. Tears started to drop out of my eyes continuously but managed to stop it and wiped it. I walked away from where he was standing and approached the Dim Sum restaurant where my family was in. 

But before I walked in I looked back again to see no sign of Peter anymore. I put my hands on the pockets of my coat because I'm freezing when I felt something inside. I took the card inside my pocket and saw that it was Harry's calling card.

I continued to walk inside the restaurant still hesitating about my decision. I approached where my family was and sat on my seat, still not removing my coat, and stared blankly at the food, didn't even notice it had already arrived after I left. 

Should I call this number? I asked myself as I examined the calling card on my hand until someone called for me. "Ana? Sweetie?" I snapped my head upwards as I heard my mom's voice. She looked around smiling. "Where's Peter?" Our table was suddenly silent, I looked at my uncle and aunt who were staring at me.

"Uh... I sent him home."

"What? Why?" Imma do it. I stood up and faced my family while I pretended to be something.

"I'm not doing well, mom, that's why. I'm going home because I feel like I'm going to pass out." I smiled awkwardly and didn't wait for their response when I grabbed my back and walked away. I pulled out my phone from my bag and dialed the number on the calling card.

My hands began to sweat. The phone started to ring and a few seconds later, the phone call was answered. "Hello?" I heard a familiar voice on the other line of the phone.

"Uh... hi, it's me, Ana. Are you still up for the going-out thing?"

"Ana! You finally called, I've been waiting for it. Yes, yes, I'm still up for it. Where are you? I'm gonna pick you up."

"I'll send you where I am, but can we go somewhere more private?" I laughed nervously.

"Sure, no problem. See you soon, Ana." 

"Bye." I said and hung up the phone, I continued walking while I sent him the address.