Chapter Fifteen: Handle It

*Sooyoung's POV*

It was raining and I had forgotten my umbrella at home. 

"Fuck you, Kim Hyunjin, you screwed up and now I'm dripping in water because of you"- I caught myself thinking when I finally reached her apartment building. 

I was wondering about what she would tell me. Having heard Heejin's perspective, I really could not come up with a way to justify what Hyunjin had done. However, everything somehow did not sit right with me. No matter how I looked at it, after years of knowing Kim Hyunjin I had come to realize that she would never, even at the peak of her anger, hurt someone willingly. If she did, then it probably happened accidentally and not while she was conscious about it. It would have made no sense for her to be calm after what happened with Heejin, either-even if she was not in love with her, they were practically best friends before all of this. The Kim Hyunjin I knew wouldn't sit back and watch as her relationship with a friend fell apart, she would do everything in her power to prevent it from happening. But, why was she acting that way yesterday?

With these thoughts in mind, I realized I had arrived at her door. I knocked twice and it immediately swung open. 

"Were you waiting at the door or something?"- I asked with a raised brow as I looked at her. 

"Yes"- she replied without a second thought- "I really hoped you grabbed an umbrella". 

"As you probably noticed, I did not"- I replied as I walked into the apartment- "I don't have the entire night, Hyunjin, I want to get this over with. I need some sleep". 

"I know, sorry"- she said as she locked the door and turned around- "you can... grab a towel, maybe?". 

"Hyunjin"- I said as I looked her straight in the eyes- "focus on what's important, I'll dry up on my own". 

"Okay..."- she said, then sat down and gulped so loudly that I heard it. Seemingly gathering her thoughts,  I decided to wait until she had put them together. At last, she looked up at me and asked- "what... happened yesterday?". 

"With whom?".

"You know who, Sooyoung". 

"Didn't you read the chat, Hyunjin?"- I asked. 

"No, I didn't. Well, I did later, but there was no context in any of that, you guys just kept talking about how you were looking for her all over the place, and then you suddenly announced Vivi had found her"- she replied. 

"Well, what more do you need to know? she got lost, we found her. End of story". 

"Sooyoung"- her tone switched to a firmer one- "if you came here to be a bitch, then please leave. I'm trying to put shit together here". 

"You're not putting anything together"- I fired back- "you're not dumb, I know that. I'm sure you already know what happened, why she got lost, and what was the cause behind her behavior. You don't need me to tell you about it, you just want someone else to clarify it for you, to make it seem more real". 

"I think that it's my fault"- she said as she looked away- "but I don't know what I've done... well, actually, I do. I broke her heart". 

"Look, if you think that don't have feelings for her then there's nothing you can do about that, I can't blame you for it. But, I've told you before that all of this was a bad idea- friends with benefits never work, because one of you will catch feelings eventually. I'm surprised that idea even crossed your mind, why the fuck would you suggest that?"

"Honestly? I don't know. I thought it would have worked"- she replied- "lately, I haven't been able to understand my mind either. It all feels like mush".