Chapter Two: New

Attending college classes after a weekend was always difficult, especially if it was a weekend that included some sort of fun activity. Another difficult part of attending classes was waking up Sooyoung in the morning. 

"Wake. The. Fuck. Up. Your alarm has been ringing for almost ten minutes"- I said to her as I was hitting her with my pillow- "it took you two seconds to wake up yesterday, what's different now?"

"It's a Monday. That's what's different"- Sooyoung said, her voice sounding a little whiny- "I don't wanna attend classes". 

"Okay, sure, you can just skip, I'm sure your GPA will love that"- I replied as I finally gave up and went to the bathroom- "you can do whatever you want, just don't expect me to tutor you when you fail one of your subjects again". 

"My god, Heejin"- she said and I could hear that she was getting up- "you're so rude sometimes".

"I might be"- I replied- "but I'm also almost always correct about the things I say". 

"Shut your cocky ass up, will you?"- she said and began picking out clothes to wear. After a few minutes, I was out of the bathroom and signaling her that it was free. After what felt like an eternity of waiting and cursing her in my mind, she was ready and we finally began walking towards our class. By some miracle, we made it on time. 

"I thought you guys would be late"- Jungeun, who was taking the same class, said to us when we were sitting down. 

"I did too, but I somehow managed to drag Ha Sooyoung's whiny ass to class on time"- I replied, earning a scoff from Sooyoung. 

"The class is starting soon so quiet down, will you?"- she replied, seeming a little offended from my attack. Before I could reply, the professor actually signaled us all to settle down and began the lesson, so I had to keep quiet. 

Classes are usually quite boring. But, because I have a natural drive to work hard, I never allow myself to fall behind. It simply doesn't work for me. However, the fact that this was not my desired major does eat me from the inside sometimes. Art school would have been so much more enjoyable for me. But, then again, I never perceived myself as an artist with a special talent, so I decided to settle for Psychology. 

There was, however, one class that I would always look forward to ever since college began, which was History. And I looked forward to it because I took it with Hyunjin. 

As I was walking down the hall towards the class, I couldn't help but remember how we met. Or, to be more specific, how she crash-landed on me.

*Flashback incoming* 

I was sitting in the classroom, waiting for the class to start since I had arrived a little early. I was reading a textbook and had headphones on, so I couldn't hear anything else around me. I didn't have anyone to talk to anyway because I simply didn't know anyone in this class. 

Little did I know that that was about to be changed in the most unexpected way possible. 

I suddenly felt something crashing into me from beside and falling straight onto the table, which made me look up from my book and take my headphones off. In front of me was a dark-haired girl, a very cute girl, actually, lying on the table with her eyes shut tightly. 

"Ummm? hello?"- I said as I was looking at her, visibly surprised by her sudden appearance. When she heard my voice, she opened her eyes and quickly jumped up from the table. 

"I'm so sorry- oh my god, did I bump into you? this is so embarrassing"- she said, clearly very flustered by what had just happened. 

"I mean, you did bump into me, but it's alright, I promise. I didn't get hurt or anything"- I replied, trying to calm the girl down since it really wasn't anything that deep.