Chapter two

We got off the Berg as Newt got the compartment door open. We walk inside. I look and soon see three familiar faces.

"Aris! Sonya! Cathy!" I exclaim, rushing over to them. Venom reaches out, Immediately unlocking the cuffs around their hands. We all hug. We pull away and I notice Aris has a black eye.

"Aris... what happened? What did they do?" 

"I, uh. Fought back. Didn't go too well..." Aris replied. I felt bad that he had to go through that extra pain, but also felt more hatred towards WICKED.

"He's not here..." Thomas spoke. I look over to him.

"What?" I ask.

"Minho. He's not here," He spoke. He tried to appear calm, though you knew he was frustrated. Venom reached out, unlocking all the cuffs on the other kids wrists. We lead them out of the train car.

Teresa pov

I sit in my apartment, looking out at the illuminated city. It was dark out, the only light outside coming from the lit up buildings. I hated that I was here, sitting comfortably in an apartment in a city, safe from the flare, under the protection of WICKED while my friends were somewhere beyond the city walls, struggling, exposed to the flare, fighting for their lives.

I hear the door open and look to see Bella enter our apartment. She swiftly takes off her helmet, tossing it onto the couch before taking her shoes off.

"How was work Bella?" I asked. She looks at me, slightly in shock.

"What are you still doing up, Teresa?" She asked, taking off her WICKED uniform, leaving her in a white tank top and shorts.

"Couldn't sleep," I shrug. "Work bad today?" She sighed.

"Well, as you know, I was with the train transporting the immunes today. These people from the Right Arm came and attacked the train. I had to start shooting. I didn't want to. I guessed they had a friend or something on the train," Bella began.

I listened intently. I was sure these people were Thomas, Y/n and our other friends.

"Anyway, my little theory was soon proved correct. Another guard approached me and lead me inside a train car. He told me we needed to take one of the subjects to the facility separately so these people didn't get him. Subject A7 I think. Ugh, I hate that their called subjects and labeled with a letter. I'd call him by his name, but I don't know it," She spoke, sitting down.

"Minho," I spoke quietly. Bella looks at me, confused.

"Huh?" She asks.

"His name is Minho. He was in the maze with me," I spoke softly. Bella nods.

"Minho," She spoke quietly, with a smile.