11. differences aside

Start from the beginning

"I do trust that he wants to get out of here. And I want nothing more...So, I'll put my differences aside, for now." The boy smiled, and Andie instantly relaxed.

When she felt a hand on her shoulder, she looked up, seeing Newt towering over them. "Hey,"

The boy smiled, seeming to have heard what she had said to the youngest boy. He was happy, maybe even proud that she decided against contradicting the situation like she often did.

He reached inside his pocket and pulled out a silver chain, dangling it in front of the girl's face. She brightened instantly as she grabbed it, examining it between her palm. 

"You fixed it." It wasn't a question, he had. The clasp was no longer broken. "Thanks, you're an angel." She pinched his thigh in a friendly gesture, the boy snickering before pointing over his shoulder.

"We're heading off now, you joining?" The girl looked towards the pit unsure. She might make more trouble then good, but then again she wanted to know what Thomas remembered.

"Yeah, sure." Chuck grinned at her as he stood, following closely behind Newt and Minho who then appeared. Before the youngest could get to far however, Andie grabbed a lose hold on his wrist, making him turn.

She opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out. Instead, she glanced down at the silver jewelry between her hand and thought on her decision for merely a second before handing it over to the boy.

Chuck stared down at the necklace in confusion, glancing then over his shoulder at Newt and Minho who had now stopped, looking to them as if they held the answers.

"I need you to take care of it for me. Can you do that?" The poor boy stood still, speechless at the action. He knew it was the only thing she had from her past, something the girl held very dear, yet she wanted to give it to him.

Noticing the shock and surprise on his face, Andie stood, racking a hand through his curls as she snickered. "Keep it safe, will you?"

Chuck didn't get to answer before she took off, passing the two others who stood a few measly feet away, broad smiles on their faces.

"Finally" Andie muttered as Thomas' eyes opened

"Finally" Andie muttered as Thomas' eyes opened. Waiting for him to wake felt like hours had passed, in reality only being a few minutes of their time.

Teresa smiled down at the now awake boy on her lap, his eyebrows furrowing as he tried to clear his mind. "Hey, you okay?"

"What the hell where you thinking?" Chuck interrupted, clearly unpleased.