Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Sergei

Kira stands across from me on the grey-padded ground that makes up the majority of my basement gym, watching me as I watch her. Her eyes flit over my body with a clinical assessment, and I know she's vetting out any possible weaknesses.

From the background check I ran on her, I know that she exercises regularly—five times a week—doing equal part cardio and strength training. Even if I hadn't known that, I got thoroughly acquainted with every inch of her toned body last night.

Her passion is what surprised me most. Her unabashed sexuality was unexpected, too, since she leads such a meticulously controlled life. Even in captivity, she's found a routine she sticks to carefully. But last night every move she made was with beautiful, hypnotic abandon.

How she got through twenty-four years of life without sex, I'll never know. But the pride of knowing that I'll be her first and last is immense, and incredibly satisfying.

Thinking about the choked gasp she made just before she came in my mouth has me hardening, my cock pressing insistently at the front of my sweats. Her eyes flash to my crotch, flare with hunger, but then return to my face, taking on their normal vacant-yet-calculating quality.

Those emerald green eyes will be the death of me.

"We're going to start on basic self-defense, and work our way up," I tell her, trying to keep my eyes on her and away from her tempting body. "Training sessions will be 4pm each day. Meet me here. Some days will be hand-to-hand combat, others will be weapons."

Kira tilts her head to the side. "Aren't you worried that I might use what you teach me against you?"

A smile flits across my lips. "No, sweetheart, I'm not."

She doesn't show any outward reaction to that, simply taking my measure with sharp eyes. "Why not?"

"Because you're armed with a sharp knife every time we dine together, and you only tried to use it on me once, almost two months ago. I'd say we've made enough progress that you don't intend to hurt me."

My beautiful psychiatrist is extremely intelligent, and very resourceful. If she truly wanted me dead, I'd be dead.

I know she's warming to me. Thawing, bit by bit. Like many, she thought I had no scruples in deliberately targeting innocents. When I made it clear that wasn't the case, her demeanor shifted more than I think she realized.

The reason I hadn't made that clear right off the bat is that she simply wouldn't have believed me. She needed time to study me, learn my behaviors, learn to discern truth from lie and sincere from insincere.

I hadn't expected her to outright ask me why I don't condone sex-trafficking, but I should have. Kira doesn't see reason for wasting time on pleasantries, and often cuts right to the chase. I also hadn't expected my response to have given her the final push towards seducing me, but I'm more than delighted it did.

Kira's silent as she processes my words. "Surely you've considered that I'm only acting compliant to lull you into a false sense of safety."

I recognize that, on some level, my words offended her. Insulted her pride for wanting her kidnapper.

"That's what you were doing initially," I respond, nodding my head. "It's tapered down over the last two weeks, however. Now you're comfortable in your routine. You've accepted your place in my home."

The slight twitching of her fingers is the only outward indicator that she doesn't like my response. Most likely, she doesn't appreciate how well I've learned to read her. And that I knew her compliance in the beginning was only an act.