11~ The Great War

Mulai dari awal

Dad walked around and explained the rules. We both had the same amount of food and whoever finished first won. We had to be completely done and everything swallowed for it to count. It was a simple competition. Cooper and I stared each other down when Dad was explaining the rules.

"Get ready, get set, go!" He called.

We both started eating the nachos like maniacs. All the guys around us were cheering us on and Dad was laughing at the situation.

A few minutes later, both plates were almost completely empty. The only difference was I was still eating a little bit faster than Cooper. He looked like he was about to give up.

I chewed and swallowed my last chip. I put my hands up and opened my mouth to show that I was done. I was declared the winner and everyone that bet on me started cheering.

I walked up to Austin with a smirk on my face.

"Wha- How-" Austin was speechless.

I opened up my hand for the five dollar bill. He reluctantly pulled out his wallet and handed me five dollars.

"Honestly, I'm shocked. I bet you had all the guys chasing you, back in Dallas."

I shook my head with a laugh. "That's kind of hard when you have three older brothers and a Dad who can snap anyone like a twig."

"Yeah, that makes sense." he laughed.

"I tried to warn you, you don't know my sister" Con shrugged and went to eat his own food.

"Lesson number three, this girl can eat" Coop joked.

I looked around, but I couldn't find Will or Carter anywhere. They probably went inside for a minute.

I walked up to my dad, who had a proud smile on his face. He hugged me. "Great job Coco. I love when you show these guys up."

"I love doing it"

"You're definitely your father's daughter." He laughed.

Carter and Will came from the side of the house yelling and throwing water balloons everywhere. They had buckets scattered across the year and everyone had a free for all.

I turned to a water balloon being thrown into my face. I opened my eyes to see the culprit. Connor stood in front of me and gave me a sheepish smile. He waved at me with one hand and scratched the back of his neck with the other.

"Connor Mitchell Barnes" I growled. "You have five seconds left to live, use them wisely." I threatened.

"Oh shit" He mumbled and ran away from me.

I chased him all around the backyard. I grabbed a few water balloons from a bucket and backed him into a corner. "Coco, coco" He put his hands up. "Let's be rational about this." He tried to negotiate.

I was having fun with this. An evil smirk spread across my face. "Oh brother, since when have I ever been rational?" I said before I chunked the three water balloons at him, which he tried to dodge and failed miserably.

I grabbed more water balloons and began throwing them at random guys. I hit Will with at least three and all the others I used on random guys from the team.

Laughter, broken water balloons, betrayal, wet t-shirts, and many smiling faces later and all the water balloons were gone.

"Well that was fun," Will laughed and threw and arm over my shoulders.

"Yeah it was" I laughed.

He crashed one last water balloon on my head. I pushed him off of me laughing and he was too.