Chapter 30 -The Bucket List (Part 4)

Start from the beginning

"Damian you can't say that about people! Well.. at least I see what they're like... but still, please let me form my own opinions."

"Alright then, please don't expect too much from the teachers, Ukht. Plus, this is summer school so it's very different from regular school, but similar in a way. I only signed both of us up for the day."

"Okay."

Having breakfast and getting into the car, Alfred dropped them off at the school.

"Have a good day at school master Damian, miss Y/n."

"Thanks Alfred!"

Entering the school side by side with Damian, Y/n looked around to see some passing students and normal hallways. It reminded her of Hogwarts, except she didn't see anything floating, no moving painting, nothing... magic. It made Y/n feel out of place and she reached out to hold Damian's hand.

She was silent, unlike her excitement when they went to Disney where she was loud and actively looking around. It caused Damian to be slightly worried but he didn't show it. Instead, he squeezed Y/n's hand, which was now their way of communication between each other, based on how many times they've held each other's hands for support, reassurance, or comfort.

"I'm okay.. It just reminds me of my school, just no magic." Y/n whispered quietly to Damian.

It hadn't hit her before, but it definitely hit her now.

She wouldn't be walking through the wall at 9 ¾,

she wouldn't be getting to the station,

she wouldn't be meeting her friends again,

she wouldn't be on the Hogwarts Express,

she wouldn't be at her school.

As much as she loved her family, and she knew that Cedric would have her back in homeschooling, learning from home just wasn't the same as going to Hogwarts.

Sitting in the classroom next to Damian, she listened to the teacher talk about math, writing numbers and formulas that reminded her of Arithmancy and found that everything she was learning was just the basic foundation of it. But it did get her thinking more about Hogwarts. Her friends. They didn't know she was okay, that both her and Cedric were alive.

Y/n barely kept the tears from falling and leaned towards Damian and whispered,

"I don't want to be here anymore."

— — — — — — — — — — —

Damian's heart shattered. Y/n sounded so... broken, defeated. He had automatically grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the school, ignoring the confused teacher who asked where they were going.

He headed to the park where they used to always hang out, grabbing some ice cream along the way for both of them.

"...Ukht?"

"I-I can't go back... I can't. H-Hogwarts-"

She couldn't help her tears anymore as they escaped and suddenly Damian understood what she was so upset about. Comforting her by holding her hand once more, he gently rubbed his thumb over her knuckles and waited for Y/n to calm down.

Once she did, they silently finished their ice cream and headed back home.

"I know it won't be the same... but we'll be here. For you." Damian said after a while and Y/n gave a faint smile.

"Thanks."

═════════════

Damian wanted Y/n to feel better, so he suggested that she should go prank someone. He specifically asked not to be pranked but all he got in response was a shrug.

Y/n's health was steadily getting better. She was able to wake up every day now with the exemption of having to sleep a few more hours than the average person. She would wake up at different points of the day (or night) because of her irregular sleep schedule.

So when she woke up at the prime time where everyone was resting from patrol, she asked Zooky to buy a lego kit of Gotham (and leave money at the counter without being seen by security cameras or people). Then she sent Zooky on another special task.

Opening all the lego bags carefully, she used her magic to quickly put everything into place on the living room table, but took one small green lego piece from the lego ground out. It was a corner piece, so if you looked at that corner, it would be noticeable.

Looking at the clock, she realized her family would be waking up soon, so she placed the finishing touch right next to her lego build.

A piece of paper, folded to stand said, If you find a small green lego piece somewhere, please place it here. It's missing and I can't find it anywhere in this room. Thanks, Y/n.

That's how Panic! at the Wayne Manor started.

— — — — — — — — — — —

Dick was the first victim. As soon as he saw the note, he quickly rushed to put on some slippers but then realized that they were all missing. Looking for the shoes, he suddenly remembered a memory that they had when Y/n first bonded with the family.

"No! Don't wear shoes in the house! You're just bringing more dirt into the house and that's more work for Alfred! Here, I bought everyone some slippers instead, so you should use them, okay?"

Not wanting to be subjected to Y/n's rage (she was scary when angry), he backed away from the shoes and kept his gaze on the floor and seemed to act like the floor was lava.

Tim was legit panicking. He remembered the pain he felt when he stepped on a stray lego piece and did not want to be subjected to that again. So he went on a full on search for the lego piece, looking at every corner and nooky of the house to find it.

Jason, as soon as he saw the note, cut his visit short and left again, apologizing to Y/n and promising another day when they could hang out.

Bruce... Well, he thought he could take the pain of stepping on a lego piece and Y/n predicted this, so, she made a different lego piece appear just before his foot stepped down to walk and... Yeah, he escaped the house to go to work.

Damian predicted this was Y/n's prank, so he acted as he usually did to not alarm his brothers.

And Alfred, Alfred knows everything, so he went along with it as well.

Although most of the day was spent worrying about something that wouldn't even happen to them, it was worth it when they found out it was Y/n to see her large smile and wonderful laugh that they were missing these past few days.

That's it! Summer for Y/n is nearing its end... That means we gotta proceed with the next chapter! Although there will be slow updates, I'm currently isolating, but I'm feeling well right now. Hope you all have a good day/afternoon/evening/night!

Signed,
Skyalent