I could let him go on for another 5 minutes about this but instead I cut him off with a kiss. He immediately shuts up and kisses me back. Unlike the first time this one has more energy behind it. The excitement has kicked in and we are getting greedy.

I straddle Ryder's waist as his hands run down my sides. I let out a soft moan as he pulls me in closer to him. I am pretty sure we would both be undressing right now if we weren't in the middle of the ice and Ryder didn't have 4 broken ribs.

Wait. Shit his ribs.

I break the kiss and fling myself off of him. "You are supposed to be on bedrest!" I yell.

"You weren't answering me! he yells back.

"You're supposed to be in bed!" I yell again as if the first time wasn't clear enough.

"We covered that part babe," he laughs, finding me amusing apparently.

"Don't babe me. You can't babe your way out of this." I point my finger at him, giving him a stern look. "How are you not crying in pain right now?"

"Oh internally I am, but the kissing was really hot so I didn't say anything," he admits shrugging his shoulders.

"You're impossible. Get up, I am taking you home."

"Yeah, no can do. You see I forgot that I take my painkillers every about 4 hours and well if you look at the time I was supposed to take them about an hour ago so if you don't mind I am just going to lay here for the next I don't know 1 to 2 weeks."

Ryder carefully lowers himself so he is laying flat on the ice. He closes his eyes and attempts to take a deep breath but ends up just wincing in pain. My heart aches as I scurry over to him and hold his hand. Not that does much for him.

"I have Advil, will that help? At least take the edge off enough to get you home?"

"Please," he begs.

I reluctantly let go of his hand to run over to my bag. I don't ever bother putting the guards on my skates to protect the blade. I grab 5 and a water before going back over to him. He takes the pills and I pepper his face in light kisses before he finally builds up enough courage to peel himself off the ice.

I help him to the bench the best I can, which isn't too much. Every time he groans in pain or flinches I close my eyes trying not to break down. Seeing him in pain is brutal and I can't think of anything I hate more than the agony in his eyes.

"I am going to pull the car around and drive you home."

"Wait, you have 30 minutes. Finish practicing."

"I have to get you home. I have practice tonight anyway it's fine."

"And a competition on Saturday. Come on Beck please, I will be like one of those snobby judges." Ryder settles himself into a more comfortable position on the bench. I cave, knowing even if I tried to fight him there is no way I could drag him to his car, at least not without hurting him worse.

"You're a pain in my ass Carson," I bite as I hand him my phone and get back out on the ice.

"Love you too sweetie," he jokes, waiting for me to get into position before starting the song.

I practice for the rest of my ice time with Ryder cheering me on. I realize he can't come to my competition Saturday like he planned but don't dare express my disappointment out loud. I am sure he is just as upset by it and even more upset the following weekend he is missing Frozen Four, potentially his last one.

"Ready to go home?" I ask once I have packed up all my stuff.

"Are we dating?" he blurts, completely ignoring my question.