cosmic scars: foreword

COSMIC SCARS
━━━━━━━━━━

"Not just beautiful, though -
the stars are like the trees in the forest,
alive and breathing.
And they're watching me."

― Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore

━━━━━━━━━━
◸ february, 2022 - april, 2022 ◿
━━━━━━━━━━

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

Cynthia Orvin has been alone all her life. Neglected by the family that brought her up for reasons unknown, and ignored by everyone at school for reasons unexplained, she has never had someone to talk to, let alone call a friend. Now with her eighteenth birthday coming up and school nearing its end, she wonders if this is how she is destined to live.

As if answering her questions and despairing prayers the Cosmos sends a very naked Amare to block her path. Quite literally. He talks and behaves absurdly, making very little sense to her, but the fascination in his gaze when he looks into hers has Cynthia enraptured and feeling the way she never has before.

But is this companionship to stay?

When the secrets she has been wondering about all her life are finally revealed to her, Cynthia finds her perspective changing on everything she has ever known - including Amare.

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

━━━━━━
story aesthetic;
━━━━━━

━━━━━━story aesthetic;━━━━━━

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

this story contains:

→ family neglect
→ mentions of depression

reader discretion is advisable.

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

━━━━━━
ONC 2022
━━━━━━

Prompt #25: Your character is on their way to school only to stop dead in their tracks at the sight of a naked, dirty individual. Their hands attempting to cover their bodies, they spot you and snap you out of your trace by demanding, "I need to talk to a human."

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

No part of this book or any of its contents
may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted,
in any form, without the author's consent.

━━━━━━
© 2022 MereWhispers | All Rights Reserved
━━━━━━