chapter 2

Lisa's POV

A week has passed, It's Valentines Day today. Everybody is bringing their boyfriends and girlfriends while I'm just here with Jisoo in the rooftop. It's a mess outside, everybody is going to the booths, everybody is going to jail because they were not following the rules of the Jail Booth, everything is chaotic. Me and Jisoo decided to go to somewhere peaceful and not crowded, which is the rooftop.

"Damn, it's a whole apocalypse out there." Jisoo laughed, "Yeah right, so are you still going to the Marriage Booth?" I asked.

"Why? Are you going too?" She gasped, thinking I've made a decision to do such a thing.

Every Valentine's Day, the student councilors came up with unique and entertaining games and booths. They've always made sure that every student in this school enjoys doing it. One of them is the Marriage Booth, which is also one of the most popular booths among high school students. Let me tell you the rules. First, show up at the Marriage Booth, and the staff will pair you up with a random person. The problem is that for the entire day, you have to appear as though you're both in a relationship. Isn't it funny? Well I haven't tried that yet, and I don't think I'll ever try it.

"No, what made you think I'm going to that booth?" I quietly asked.

"Oh come on, Lisa! Just try it! You may never know who you might get paired up with, what if it's someone who looks like a.. Goddess! Lisa, I promise, you will never regret it. You only live once and you have to enjoy it!" Jisoo exclaimed enthusiastically, trying to persuade me.

"How about... No." I said with a slight small laugh as I saw Jisoo's fast transition of emotion from excited to disappointed.

I scoffed as she turned her back on me, annoyingly. "If you go with me in the Marriage Booth, I'll do everything you want me to do," she said, turning around to face me again.

With my eyebrows furrowed, I sarcastically crossed my arms and said, "No." I then heard her sigh, I was ready to burst out laughing, but then she grabbed my wrist and ran back to where the rest of the students were.

She was dragging me fast, I was about to yank her hand away from my wrist but I was getting annoyed because of the crowd, so I just let her drag me. "You'll be participating in the Marriage Booth, and that's final." I heard her say.

"No I am not, Jisoo! Why can't you just respect my decisions!" I blurted, this was so unexpected. I was claustrophobic and I hated crowds like this.

"I am respecting your decisions, but you've seriously got to try this." she said and gently pushed me in front of the Marriage Booth. I spun back around and was about to escape from this crowd when someone suddenly grabbed me on my wrist again. When will the actual fuck will I get peace.

"Perfect! It seems like we've got another match!" I heard an unfamiliar voice and it turns out to be one of the staffs in the Marriage Booth. Fuck, I'm doomed.

I took a glance and glared at Jisoo crazily laughing her ass off. She won this time, but I'll make sure to take revenge on her next time.

"What's your name, bangs girl?" He called me. I swear to god he did not just call me 'bangs girl'.

"I'm not joining, it was an accident." I politely said, bowed at him and was about to leave when he grabs my wrist again.

"How come you were standing in the middle?" he questioned. For fuck's sake, this man was already bothering me, he won't be at least feel grateful that I bowed to him in a respectful manner. He then takes out his pocket notepad and pen, where he, I guess, writes on the participant's names. This, I suppose, is my defeat.

"Lisa. Lalisa Manoban." I sighed, he nodded and wrote my name in his notes. "Okay, great! Ready to meet your partner for today?" he asked delightedly, I had no choice but to nod because I was already in this disaster.

He led me inside an airconditioned wedding themed room, I was getting nervous but at least the crowd isn't taking up my space anymore. But what really worries me is who will be my partner, will it be a woman or a man?

"Okay Lisa, you're going to meet with your partner in any second now." He said with a teasing tone. My heart was beating fast like super-sonic as if it was about to burst out of my chest.

"Lisa, meet Jennie, your partner for today."