Chapter One

A/N: Hi guys! How was the prologue? I hope you like it! Sorry if this chapter isn't very long. Remember to read, vote and comment!

Steve's POV.

I open my baby blue eyes and I wake up naturally like usual, the first thing I do is to check the time. The red, glowing numbers catch my eye and it shows 5:13 in the daybreak. I get out of my bed and I head towards the bathroom.

I take a quick bath before brushing my teeth and rinsing my face with cold water to make myself fresher. I wrap a towel around my waist, only exposing my torso. I step out of the washroom and I switch on the lights in my room. I put on a simple blue shirt and dirty green khaki shorts before the calendar attracts my eye.

How exactly can a calendar attract my eye? Well, because I've been anticipating for a very special and important day. I grab a blue ballpoint pen and I draw a cross on today's date, I smile. There are three days till Natasha's birthday and we, the Avengers decide to throw a surprise party for her. But I haven't bought anything for Natasha herself.

I walk out of my room after switching off the lights, then I stroll around before I notice the door to Natasha's room. The thought of her appearance, especially her smile, lightens me up every time. She is a great writer, too. She has the brains for almost everything. Natasha must be tired, since she slept quite late last night. She normally wakes up around seven. I don't plan on waking her up this early. I head to the kitchen to fix something up for me and Natasha to eat, and I know what does she like best for breakfast.

*********************************

Natasha's POV.

I find myself in the woods, limp with bleeding knees. I don't recognize it, and it's dark at night. I'm scared and lost. My cream coloured dress is torn and ripped. Flustered, tears of frustration spring to my eyes.

"H-Hello?" I sniff, and I'm still crying. I don't know what happened, and all I know is I manage to escape. Everyone is dead, something killed them all. "Is anyone t-there?"

I scream as I see something so huge and black swoop in front of me, I hear a pair of powerful wings, far from an eagle's. The figure lands in front of me, I'm too afraid to run. My limbs are already weak, and I can only crawl away from it.

"N-No.. Get away from me! What do you want??" I demand, tear marks have scarred my cheeks. I scramble helplessly on the ground, dead leaves crunch and twigs snap to my weight. I tremble when the figure approaches me closer and closer.

The figure is around 9 feet tall, the moonlight isn't bright enough to let me see its appearance. I only see a humongous pair of horns sticking on top of its head, intimidating bloodshot eyes glare at me and they glisten in the dark, an enormous pair of dragon-like wings on its back, a buff build, giant clawed hands and feet which look like a Griffin's.

It reminds me of the Devil himself.

It moves closer to me, I tremble and it opens its gigantic mouth, revealing two sets of razor sharp teeth. It growls loudly, far from a growl from any wild animal. A demonic-like shriek.

I scream helplessly, it lunges for me!

"NO!!!!!!!!!"

I let out a loud, ear piercing scream and I wake up from my nightmare, crying. I shiver in fear and I tremble. Cold sweats form on my forehead and trickle down on my temples. I can't stop sobbing, the nightmare seemed so real. Like a deja vu. Tears continue to pour from my eyes uncontrollably, like myself in the dream. I embrace my Captain America bear tightly and I'm rocking back and forth. My emotions are unstable, I can't stop thinking about that dream. I sniff and I continue to cry.