They go to their rooms to change since they're supposed to be riding with us there.

I could hear footsteps to see it was Serena. She came over and looked over at the cake. "That looks good, J." She smiled.

I thanked her as I look at Colby. I know he was thinking about the same thing I was.

About our conversation from earlier. "I'm surprised you're not with Sam knowing it's his birthday." Serena told Colby, making conversation with him.

"I told him I was out getting his surprise." Colby explained it to her. I roll my eyes as I ice the rest of the cake.

I just have to put the words on it. "Yeah, and the whole time, he's been sitting there watching me bake." I call him out.

Serena makes an 'o' with his mouth as she looks over at him. "What you gotta say about that?" She asked getting into it.

"I've tried taste testing it but she wouldn't let me." He defended himself. She laughed while grabbing a water from the fridge.

"You better get used to that. She doesn't let anyone taste it until she thinks it's finished." She called me out.

I didn't say anything though because she was right. I was a perfectionist on my baking.

"I just wanna make sure its good." I shyly tell them. "And I bet it is. I'm going to go get ready." I need to get ready too.

When I get done wording everything, I look at Colby. He was looking at me intensely.

"Can you make sure the boys don't eat this while I go change?" He nods while I go towards my room.

I instantly went to my closet to look for something to wear. I chose to put on fishnets with whitewashed jeans.

I put on a black band shirt to go with it. I roll the edges of my jeans up and put on no show socks.

"Are you dressed yet?" I hear Colby ask at my door. I open it while grabbing my makeup bag.

When I opened the door, I could hear him inhale a breath. He quickly looked at me up and down as I go towards my bed.

I sit down so I could do my makeup. I usually don't go too hard with my makeup.

I just do eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara. And I do some lip gloss just because.

Colby said he hid the cake so the boys won't eat it. Colby hangs out with me while I do my makeup, and when I'm done, I put on my Doc Martens.

I make sure to grab everything I need. Backpack of extra clothes, phone charger and earbuds, my Juul and the charger for it.

I make sure everyone is ready and we go to my car. I'm honestly super happy that everyone has the night off.

Even though Serena is off, we're all hanging out at Frolic Room knowing that's where we feel safe going.

We all pile in my car to go to their house. Colby is leaving his car here knowing we're all carpooling.

We were going to figure it out when it gets closer. When we get to their house, everyone was there.

I made sure to grab the cake securely while we go inside. We could hear everyone talking in the big living room with the bar.

I whispered to Colby the plan. He was going to keep Sam distracted while I light the cake.

I go into the kitchen and sit the cake on the counter. I take the tin foil off while putting the candles on.

Right as I light the candle, they come in. Sam looked confused at first, and then a smile grew.

"What the crap?" He asked walking to me. Everyone was behind him. And when I say everyone, I mean my roommates and Colby's.

We had a decent sized group. We sang happy birthday to Sam while he smiles. He blows out his candles as he smiles.

He blows them out as we all cheer for him. We all cut into the cake and give everyone a slice.

"This is so good. Where'd you get the cake, Colby?" Kat asked biting into it. He looked over at me as we ate together.

He was mentally asking me if it was okay if he told. I shook my head while finishing my food.

There was no point of hiding how I bake. I'm good at it and I should be proud.

"I actually made it myself." I smile towards them. They all gave me the same look of surprise.

They all asked the same questions about if I really did. "I didn't know you baked." Kat told me shockingly.

I could feel myself blushing a little bit. "I'm just happy she's starting to express it a little bit." Serena spoke up.

Us girls made our own conversation while the boys made their own. Sam made sure to thank me for the cake when we all got done.

We all hang out for awhile before going out. The boys had to change so my roommates and Devyn can all go out.

Since Jake can't come out with us, him and Aaron are staying in. Aaron's not the type to go bar hopping so he's staying in.

When they come back downstairs, we all gathered our stuff. I had my Juul in my hand as Colby came to me.

He casually wrapped his arm around me causing me to look at him. He had a small smile on his face as we walk to the cars.

"You excited for tonight?" He asked as I unlock my car. Wesley was going to drive so I toss him the keys.

He doesn't drink when he smokes cause it makes him sick. "As ready as I'll ever be." I tell Colby as we get in the car.

I was excited for tonight with everyone.