They head down to Louis' car and head off through the city, driving north. Louis gazes out at the road stoically, and Harry rests his head against the window.

"So... are we going to talk about last night?" Harry asks.

"What's there to talk about?" Louis grins.

"The fact that we had sex and enjoyed it," Harry states bluntly.

"Damn right I enjoyed it," Louis laughs.

Harry flicks Louis on his shoulder before crossing his arms over his chest pouting. Louis chuckles at him before placing his right hand on Harry's inner thigh.

"Don't worry too much about it. Just take it step by step, alright?" Louis says softly and Harry sighs happily and nods.

They fell silent once again but Harry couldn't take it so he speaks up once more, "It must have been pretty wild when cars got invented, right?"

"Oh, it was tremendously exciting. I was actually an investor in the automobile," Louis grins.

"Really? You weren't like, 'No horses are the way to go!'," Harry teases playfully.

"One of the perks of being immortal is that you get so used to change, you come to embrace it," Louis grins squeezing Harry's thigh lightly, "The world has tranformed since I've been alive. And while there have been terrible times, there has also been so much progress, so much growth. If there's one thing I can do with this life I've been given, it's to use it to innovate, improve, and better the world."

"You're totally the kind of guy who gets the latest phone the second it comes out, aren't you?"

"Perks of being a Billionaire," Louis says.

...

Soon enough, Louis drives into a wealthy suburtion neighborhood. He pulls into a circular driveway lined with fancy cars, leading to the Senator's mansion.

"Wow. This place is gorgeous," Harry says in awe.

"The Senator has money, but luckily, he's also got fairly good taste," Louis says.

"Fairly good?"

"Well, there are a few things I would do differently, but to each his own," Louis grins.

"You snob!" Harry exclaims chuckling.

"Not a snob. Just a man of taste," Louis says.

Louis just smiles and shrugs as he stops the car and hands the keys to the valet parking attendant. The valet whisks the car away, and Harry and Louis stroll through the mansion's wide doors. For one moment, the sunlight hits Louis' skin and Harry sees a palpable wince.

They enter the double height foyer to find Senator Vega at a podium, holding a press conference in front of a dozen reporters. He's even more handsome in person than on TV, and he has a comfortable, charismatic way of speaking.

"It's just common sense, and a matter of restoring the quality of life in our great state. I'm happy to announce that we're increasing the numbers of law enforcement officers on the streets of our cities. And forming a strategic task force that will reverse the recent upstick in these terrible street crimes," Senator Vega says.

Harry whispers to Louis, "Is he talking about the Ferals?"

"Yes. Though not directly, of course."

"We're doing a restore order, take back our streets, and put an end to these senseless attacks!" Senator Vega continues, "We will take our city back!"

"He is incredibly charismatic," Harry says.

"He always was a person-killer. Sometimes literally. I suppose you find him attractive, like everyone else?" Louis asks with a hint of jealousy laced in his tone.