14

New York City,

Tomlinson HQ Sub-Basement

Niall bursts out of the sarcophagus, confused and terrified, his limbs flailing.

"Ni, it's okay," Harry rushes out.

"Look out," Louis says.

Barely registering Harry's presence, Niall knocks Harry over.

"Whoa! Ni!" Harry says terrified as Niall snarled in his face.

Liam quickly gets behind Niall, and gently but powerfully wraps his arms around him, forcing him down to the ground.

Niall breathes hard like a trapped animal, eyeing everyone in the room... Louis, Eleanor, Liam, and finally, Harry.

"Does he even recognize me..." Harry thinks while moving closer to Niall.

"I wouldn't get too close," Eleanor warns.

"Be careful," Louis says.

"I think I can get through with him," Harry says.

"I know this may not be easy to talk about," Harry starts, trying to ease Niall in, "But do you remember being attacked in the apartment last night? Our apartment?"

Something in Niall's mind clicks and he looks at Harry, seemingly with recognition. He nods his head slowly.

"Do you know who attacked you?" Harry asks and Niall shakes his head no.

"Well, you lost a lot of blood and needed a transfusion, so Louis gave you his blood... Which Turned you into a vampire," Harry tries to explain calmly.

"What?" Niall asks confused.

"We're here to help you. It's going to be okay," Harry says soothingly.

Niall blinks, looking around, taking them all in. Then his eyes widen with increasing horror.

"On my god... how... how is this..."

"Niall, stay calm," Harry tries.

"No!" Niall exclaims.

Niall wrenches free from Liam's arms and runs up the stairs, barrelling through the archives.

"Wait!" Louis calls out when he sees Harry going after Niall.

"He's still in a delicate state. It might not be safe for you," Liam says.

"He's still Niall inside there. I can reach him, if you give me a chance."

Harry reaches down into the sarcophagus and picks up the chalice that they'd placed there earlier, the one with Harry's blood in it. Louis and Liam share a glance.

"Don't look at me. He's your pet. I don't care if he gets mauled," Liam shrugs.

Louis sighs, "Be careful. We'll be close if you need help."

Eleanor shakes her head as Harry runs after Niall, calling his name.

"Niall?"

Harry follows a trail of toppled bookshelves to find Niall in the archives' bathroom. He's standing in front of a mirror, clutching the sink.

"What... what am I...? What have you done to me?" Niall asks.

"I didn't do anything. You're still you," Harry says.

"But..."

"You're just... different in this one way. You're a vampire."

"Vampires... are real. Like actually real," Niall says shocked.