"Lady Y/N? Is that you??" Someone said. I turn to see Matsuri. She stares at me wide-eyed. I smile at her and nod my head. "Of course it's me..." I said. She grins and rushes towards me. She bows in front of me.

"Welcome back, Lady Y/N!" She said. "Thank you, Matsuri" I said. I smile at her and turn around. We continue to head home.

After a while of walking, we finally reach home. I turn to look at Temari. She smiles at me. "Gaara's in your shared room..." she said. "If he's sick... why is he not in the hospital?" I said. "We tried telling him that" Kankuro said.

"He didn't want to... he insisted that he wants to be treated in your room. He said it's because the room still smelled like you. He misses you so much, Y/N" Temari said, looking at me with a sad expression. I bit my lips, trying not to cry at what she just said. I turn around and make my way to our shared room.

The door is closed. I take a deep breathe and open the door. The sight in front of me, instantly makes tears streams down my cheeks. I cover my mouth, trying my best not to break down right there and then.

Gaara looks a lot skinnier. He's a lot paler too. He looks so frail and weak. He's laying there, with his eyes closed. His chest rising and falling, but it seem uneven which is a clear sign that he's been having a hard time breathing.

I bit my lips as I walk towards him. I slowly sit down on the edge of the bed. I lift my hand and slowly grab his hand, gently holding it. I place his hand on my lap.

I can feel his hand moving slightly. I watch in silent as I watch Gaara slowly opens his eyes. He looks a little daze for a few seconds. His eyes flicker and turn to look around, until his eyes lands on me.

His eyes widen a little. "Y-Y/N..." he said. "Yes... it's me, Gaara. I'm here, love... I'm here..." I said. Tears starts to stream down his cheeks as he looks at me. Tears starts falling from my eyes as well.

"Y/N... I miss you. I-I miss you s-so much" he cried out. He left his hand weakly, placing it on the back of my neck. He pulls me closer to him. I move and lay down next to him. Even with his weak body, he still manage to hold me tightly.

"If... this is a dream. Please never wake me up" he said. "It's not a dream, Gaara. I'm right here" I said. "I don't want to lose you, Y/N. I can't lose you again" he said. I shake my head, I pull away from the hug and looks at him.

"I'm not going anywhere. I know why you did what you did" I said. "H-How?" He said. "Temari gave me your notes" I said. "Oh..." he said. "Why didn't you tell me?" I said.

"I can't see you losing yourself, Y/N. It pains me to see the fear in your eyes when you can't control yourself. I don't want to risk seeing you breaking again. I'm sorry, Y/N... I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." he said repeatedly, as he starts crying softly.

"Shh... it's okay. I know everything now" I said. He just nods his head and pulls me into his embrace again. I feel a soft kiss on the side of my head. "I love you, Y/N... I'm so sorry for everything" he said. I pull away slightly and turn to look at him.

He lift his hand and gently place it on my cheek. He slowly leans in and place a soft kiss on my lips. He kisses me desperately. I know my lips going to turn blue from the pressure, but I know why he's doing this... so I let him.

"Don't leave me again, Y/N... I can't lose you..." he said, leaning his forehead against mine. "Never... I'll always be here" I said. He smiles and nod my head. He pulls me closer.

I lean my head against his chest. He holds me firmly, not showing any sign of letting me go. God... I miss him so much. I'm so happy that I can finally be here in his arms again.

I snuggle closer to his chest, tightening my arms around his torso. He tightens his arms around me in return. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep in the arms of the man I love once again.

*to be continued*

A/N: such a heart-warming reunion. I'm in tears... 😢😢😢. Are you?

Thanks for all the love and support! Also... for being so patient in waiting for an update, and in case you're wondering... no, I'm not going to write anything about the Shinobi war. Like I said, I haven't finished watching the whole Naruto Shippuden series. Anyway, stay tune for more! Love ya~