Bonus Chapter 3

Aria's POV

It was raining really hard, it was a thunderstorm. I hid myself under my blanket, trying to sleep. It was in the middle of the night and the only sound I could hear was from the rain and thunder. 

FLASH!

"oh no.."

BANG!

"huaaa!!!" I closed both of my ears as I heard the thunder.

I couldn't stay there, I need Aamir. But I heard he was on a mission, today. Maybe I should just head to his workshop, he gave me the password so at least I wouldn't feel alone, right?

I took my pillow then quickly ran towards my door. I didn't care even if I was just wearing an oversized sweater and a short, I needed to get outta there. I used to be fine with the sound of loud thunder but since I was rescued from Kingdom, I got easily terrified. It reminded me of that one time they misscalculated the power intake that I exploded the facility, causing major blackout at the entire Bind. It was so painful because the cables that were connected into me actually zapped me and you know, I was underwater so it hurt way more than you'd imagine. It was a horrible trauma.

"hah.. hah.." I ran as if my life depended on it. It was the first thunderstorm I had since I got rescued.

BANG!

Another thunder, I closed my ears while still running. I almost tripped because of how terrified I was.

"almost there.. please, no more thunder while I'm running.."

I finally arrived at his workshop. I took a moment to catch my breath. I was about to type the passcode but the door opened, he opened the door for me. He wasn't wearing his mask nor his robe. It was just his black turtleneck that he usually had under his coat.

"come in," 

He must've seen me through the cameras. I went in then he closed the door, locking it from inside. It was just the two of us.

"you've returned?"

"yes. Like around three hours ago. I got some works to do, so please make yourself comfortable,"

He walked back to his chair then sat on it, getting back to work. He'd usually hug me when nobody was around no matter how busy he was. He must've got something in his mind but I didn't want to pry. I was there, at his place and he's also there. So, I wasn't alone and that's enough. He was just typing on his keyboard, being busy, so I didn't want to bother him with his work. I took a seat and found his coat lying on the sofa.

"Aamir?"

He didn't respond. Maybe he was really focused that he couldn't hear me. I picked up the coat and used it as a blanket as I laid down on the sofa. It was warm and his scent was all over it. It calmed me down as I started feeling sleepy again. I looked at him for one more time, hoping he would be fine.

"good night, honey.." I whispered then went back to sleep.

- - - - -

Cypher's POV

It was another Bind mission. I didn't understand why Brimstone always had me joined almost every Bind mission. I believed he knew about my trauma but maybe he needed somebody who knows about the map. It was hectic as the defense mission was somehow harder than usual. I got shot, but fortunately Sage was there to heal me. 

"haaah.."

I could really go and hug y/n right now but I didn't want to worry her. She must've been sleeping already knowing it's already midnight. I could feel the air getting colder, it was raining outside so it was a bit relaxing to hear the sound of the rain. I kept myself busy to distract myself. I started with coding then hacking for information, mostly about Kingdom. We haven't gone to more rescue missions to help the other radiants left at that facility though.