He nodded and looked at Harry.

"Yeah. I understand."

"Okay. Then I won't lecture you anymore. Do you want some ice cream to cheer you up? I just bought a big tub of rainbow ice cream for Benjamin and he won't mind if you have any."

A smiled finally creeped on his face.

"Sure, Harry."

* * *

Louis was at the front counter of the dry cleaners. He'd just given a customer a dress she brought in to have cleaned before.

"Thank you Mrs. Parsons. Please come back and see us."

"Thank you."

As Mrs. Parsons was leaving out of the door, another woman was coming in. She was on the phone.

"Sweetie, I'm still out running errands. But I'm checking in to make sure we're still on for dinner tonight. Call me back as soon as possible, okay? I need to know whether or not I should cancel the reservation."

"How can I help you today? Are you picking up?" Louis greeted.

She took the phone from her ear.

"No. Sorry. I'm here to speak to my son. Zayn Malik. Is he back there?"

Louis instantly became excited.

"Oh. Hi, I'm Louis."

"Nice to meet you, Louis. Can you take me to see him?"

"Sure. Zayn is this way." He waved a hand his way and she came around the counter and followed him to the back of the store. Finally they stopped at an entrance.

"Zayn, someone is here to see you."

Zayn looked back from where he was trying to clear the printer of a paper jam.

"Mom?"

"Hi." She said.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was just out running some errands and wanted to come by and see you."

"Oh."

She came in and closed the office door behind her.

"You don't have a place for guests to sit."

"I know. I'm going to be remodeling and I threw it out last week. But you can sit in my chair if you want to."

She waved a hand at him.

"No. It's fine. I can stand. I was merely observing. But I do want to talk to you about something important. Do you have a minute? I want to ask you something."

He leaned back against the table.

"Sure."

"Your father and I have reservations at Le Bleu tonight. I would love for you to come and have a discussion with us."

"About what?"

She sighed.

"Ever since that night about three weeks ago, I can't stop thinking about your father and you and... that little boy you carried in. You're right. We both need to be there to meet him. We're his grandparents and it only makes sense. If you're going to be introducing a four year old to new people, it needs to be done in an environment where everyone likes and loves each other and are genuinely happy to be around one another. Kids can sense when they're not wanted. So I would like for us to talk things out and get how we really feel off our chests one last time. Then maybe come to an understanding."