He didn't really have anything for Benjamin at his place and he was aware he should have been preparing for him a long time ago, seeing as one day he was going to have Benjamin stay with him sometime in the future. Still he simply gave Benjamin the queen sized bed in one of the guest bedrooms and brought his Big Wheel so he could take him out for a ride around the neighborhood.

So that's exactly what they had done. It was a beautiful spring day but there weren't any clouds in the sky, making it hotter than the actual temperature. They had been out with Benjamin riding his bike up and down the sidewalk for the last thirty minutes or so and they were headed back home. So Zayn was walking beside Benjamin as he rode.

When they reached the driveway, Zayn called out instructions.

"Benjamin turn here. We're done for the day."

"No." He whined.

"Yes. We need to go inside so we can take a water break and get rehydrated. It's dangerously hot with the son bearing down on us like this."

Benjamin was very much unhappy with that so once he turned in the driveway, he stopped at the edge next to the yard and pouted.

"I know you want to ride more. And you will. But let's go inside for now. A break is good for us."

When he saw that Benjamin was still pouting, he knew he had to do something to make him feel better, so he quickly pulled him up off of the bike and brought him to him so he could kiss his cheeks. Immediately, Benjamin burst into laughter. He wasn't sad anymore but Zayn loved to hear his little laugh.

So he took the opportunity to fall back into the soft grass with him and tickle him. It was the best feeling in the world to see his son be so happy on his accord. He hadn't been apart of it long. But fatherhood had already brought so many amazing experiences. He was already thinking about what was to come in the future because of it.

But then there was red. Lot's of red. And it was coming from Benjamin's nose. Zayn panicked.

"Benjamjn! Your nose!" He picked his son up from the ground.

"Did I do that to you when I brought you down with me. Oh my gosh! That looks so bad!"

When Benjamin heard his father say that, he suddenly burst into tears.

So Zayn quickly rushed him into the house and to the bathroom. He let the toilet seat down, sat him down and then gave him a wad of tissue.

"Let's hold this to your nose."

Zayn was nearly shaking as he was trying to help him hold the tissue up. He kept trying to think back to when he pulled Benjamin off the bike. He didn't remember hitting him that hard- or at all- but he must have done it and not known it. He he hurt his own son.

Two minutes later, Benjamin was still bawling to the point of hiccupping, so Zayn took the tissue from his nose to see if the blood had stalled. It hadn't. It was still flowing fast. So he knew what he had to do.

After giving Benjamin another wad to put over his nose, he grabbed his keys and rushed Benjamin out to the car. In his fastest time ever, he had him buckled in and was ready to go. If he couldn't stop the bleeding, he was going to have to take his son to the hospital and have them stop it.

It was the fastest Zayn ever drove, but with his emergency blinkers on, it made things a lot easier. For some reason though, the closer they got to the hospital, he remembered that he needed to call Harry and tell him what happened. So he did, bracing himself for an earful for what he had done.

"Hello?" His voice came in over the car speakers.

"Harry."

"Who's crying?"