7: There's A First For Everything Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

There were a few confused noises from Sanyu's group.

"Remember those non lethal landmines from the sports festival?".

------ ------ ------ -------- ------- ------ ------- -------- -------- -------- ----------

"They're just robots." Sanyu mumbled to himself when he encountered the first one. They had split into two sections, front and back. He had gone with Midoriya, who was clinging to the top of the dividers, to scout ahead and test for landmines.

"It's a three pointer!" Midoriya said. More green lightning crackled from his hands. Sanyu watched as the bot zeroed in on us.

"I'll handle it." He said, swooping closer. He let the power flow out from his core and aimed it right at the bot. The beam shot off, startling Midoriya and the rest of the group, if he heard those shouts correctly.

The class stared in shock as the dust cleared to reveal the three pointer with a massive, perfectly circular hole in the center. It was smoking and collapsed immediately.

"Holy shit." Mineta said as the rest of the group caught up. Sanyu looked back at them, noting how shocked they actually were.

It might just be a good idea to tone down his powers for the time being.

The next robot didn't wait to make itself known and Midoriya was quick to jump on it, slamming its body into the ground. It tried to get back up so Sanyu blasted it with a smaller, much more subdued beam.

Midoriya and Sanyu made eye contact. They were in a more open area now and they could both hear multiple robots approaching. "Don't touch the ground." Sanyu said simply before jetting off towards them.

He used several beams to turn the next robot he encountered into a smoking husk. The invisible girl-Hagakure, that was her name-helped by blinding their motion sensors. The robots barely even moved after that, not getting any input.

Everyone's fighting style was very different. Yaoyorozu, the creation girl, was strategic. She stayed to the back of the battle ground, nailing the robots where she could.

Mineta was frantic and clumsy but had good aim. He was the best at avoiding the fake land mines because of his weird sticky balls.

Midoriya was....well he hit well. There was no strategy, no technique. He just hit things with any and all limbs.

There was a familiarity to one aspect of his fighting style though. He measured out the amount of strength to use in each hit. He was being careful, not overexerting himself by using too much power at once.

Sanyu could certainly relate to that. His core was a mess of energy that was always trying to escape. That was part of the appeal of his suit-it wasn't so much of a fun outfit or protective gear as it was a containment suit, easing the strain of the energy on his body.

The hero students were good at their jobs and the robots were demolished or dismantled within minutes.

"Good job!" All Might said, his smile audible in his tone, "Come on back to the observation area. Oh-and the landmines have been disabled so don't worry about where you walk.".

Sanyu lowered himself to the ground, his boot and leg clinking as he dropped. The rest of his group was high fiving, but he hung back a little, trying to avoid it. He wasn't sure what 'it' was. Social interaction? People his age? Friendship?

It was very confusing. He thought it would be a good thing to have other people around him. He hadn't felt closer to anyone than the Six, they just got it. These guys had powers too, and they were his age.

But he just couldn't do it. If they were members of the Six, even surprise new members, he'd be running up to them, telling them they did good jobs and had cool powers. That they should play cards or something that night.

But they didn't need to play cards with him. The Six was a captive environment. They had cell phones and video games and friends that were normal because they were normal. They didn't have to worry about rival governments tracking them through a phone or com device.

In no time at all he was in the 'observation area' that overlooked the field.

The first thing in the room that caught his eye wasn't a thing at all. It was two people. Bakugou and Todoroki. Their glares created a palpable tension. Sanyu understood those looks well. He saw them often in his world.

They were threatened by him.

"Young Oyama, that was amazing! If I had to give you one piece of advice I would say that you used all your power to defeat the first robot and used less powerful blasts from then on. If you space out your energy more evenly you'll have better results." All Might said, breaking the awkward silence.

"Yes sir." Sanyu said, glancing at the pair out of the corner of his eyes. All Might smiled and turned to Mineta.

"You were distracted multiple times by your teammates. I understand you want to keep an eye on them but you distracted Young Yaoyorozu as well." The heroics instructor explained. Mineta blushed, smirked and nodded, Yaoyorozu just looked disgusted.

Sexual harassment in the workplace, huh? Sanyu had seen his fair share of that. It was a given when you work that closely with the military.

The boy made a conscious effort to step between Yaoyorozu and Mineta as All Might turned to Midoriya next. He may be malnourished, but he was by no means a small person in general. Plus he was much taller than Mineta. Sanyu thought he was a serviceable barrier.

If this was a normal occurrence in the class it'd have to stop. With the Six he had seen enough, hell he'd been on the receiving end of it once or twice to. No way in hell was he letting this world become anything like his.

He just couldn't.

------------------------------------------------

I have returned! This chapter's a little strange but we got our first (although admittedly short) scene of Sanyu fighting! 

I've always wanted to have a protagonist just not take Mineta's shit at all and I think Sanyu is finally the one! God I just want to punch that purple pervert. 

I know he gets some character development later on but for the meantime he's still in that really creepy misogynistic phase. 

Stay tuned cause in the next chapter we introduce Hound Dog and some more Hawks content (its also gonna be super long but I'm not doing two separated chapters right after the other 😅)