Before she left, she gave you a long, and tight hug, not ever wanting to let go of you. You had been her rock for so many years, and to you, the same. You were so important to her, she couldn't imagine life without you or vice versa. You couldn't imagine it, either. Gripping the back of her tawny dress, you were afraid to be the first one to release. So, you decided to wait until she was the one to make that first move. You had hardly even realized the misty vision that was building up in your (color) eyes, fogging your eyesight. As soon as she pulled away, you both faced each other with sad smiles. Although she was proud and happy for you, it still hurt on her end. She was losing her best friend and hadn't a clue if your safety was promised. It was always a guessing game with the Scouts. Either or.

You looked up into her golden-brown eyes, lips twitching out of sadness, even if you didn't want to cry. Your body wanted to, however. "I'm going to miss you so much, Kat." You whispered and tried your best to smile through it. "Not as much as me, though. I'll miss you a hell of a lot more." The other chuckled sadly and wiped her teary eyes. "Just... don't die on me, okay? Stay alive for me." She had to force a grin for both you and her own sake. You stared for a moment until you could fully answer. "I'll be fighting for you, Kat. So we can live to be old ladies, traveling the outside world together. I promise." You held out your pinky. Katsumi laughed, hiding behind her hand and she eventually held her pinky up as well. "Keep that pinky promise for me. Not only being old ladies together but staying alive, got it?" She looked up and met your eyes. "Pinky promise." You nodded.

Flashback End

"I've seen a few things so far, other than the obvious. Like, Reiner and Bertholdt's identities, and Kenny the Ripper's appearance. I did, however, catch a feeling he had close ties with Captain Levi, though. Although, I was not entirely certain about it, either." You answer Commander Hange's question. "Interesting." The Commander mumbles to themself across the desk from you, taking notes. Focus glued to the pad of paper in front of them, they lift the pen to their lips after jotting down half of a paragraph. "What else have you seen, as of recent or before?" Their eye transfixes on you once more, leaning back in their chair. "That day at the sea was the most I've ever seen. Other than that, everything has been relatively minor. I used to have little 'coincidences' when I was younger, I never thought much into them, though. Seeing a person I just thought of or breaking something, stuff of that nature." You fidget with your hands.

"So... describe to me in more detail about that day at the sea." The Commander sits up, positioning their hand, ready to begin writing at any moment. Taking a deep inhale, you recall that day a few weeks ago, going over all the memories of future events, waiting to take place. Exhaling slowly, you leave your lips separated to begin speaking. "Destruction... fires, absolute chaos upon a town. No... a whole Nation, practically. So many screams of horror as death's shadow creeps up on citizens and... Eren, I think." Your mind feels a bit fuzzy, the further you delve into the the previous vision. "Eren?" The brunette lifts a brow in confusion, pausing mid stroke to face you. "I'm pretty sure I saw him there..." Your voice trails off as you begin questioning your own memory.

Changing the subject, Commander Hange continues with other questions. "When you get these visions... do you feel any physical differences? What exactly happens to you during them?" They turn their head down towards the paper, pen waiting to write. "I always get this pinch in the side of my head." You lift your right hand up towards the right side of your head. Glancing up, Commander Hange catches sight of your hand, taking note of that as well. "I can't control my body at all, my mind sort of takes over, and transports me to this different reality. Sort of how a dream feels. I can only watch." You respond, thinking over every detail you can produce. "Now... why do you think you feel a pinch at that exact spot?" The Commander pauses from scribbling to face you with a concentrated expression. "Well... I did have an accident once, resulting in an anchor to the head." You shrug it off, not thinking anything of it. "Not entirely sure why it happens, though." Nodding, Commander Hange writes it down anyway.