Lu-Pining for Your Purrr-Fection: Chapter #3 - Chatty Catty

Comincia dall'inizio

🐾 🐺🐾 🐺🐾

Derek listened and furrowed his brow, so confused as to how the student he heard being so flippant and polite to Professor Levi earlier that day, could be the same one he was hearing right now with waning confidence. It seemed like the student slumped in on himself and made himself smaller. It made Derek want to whine and snarl. Even without knowing him, Derek just knew that loud and proud was the natural state for the student.

He withdrew to the shadows as he watched the friend group leave. Derek figured that was enough for the night until he heard light padded footsteps and looked up towards the roof. Stiles had shifted and was sitting on the wide ledge above his bedroom window.

For a moment it was as though he was just sitting there until he watched as Stiles's ears drooped and his tail curled around him. "Good going Stiles. Scott knows and soon a lot of people will. Why do I have to be so pathetic? Why do I have to be so stupid?"

Derek's heart ached at the words. The kid was intriguing in so many ways. Of course, he didn't know a lot about him, but he did know that he definitely wasn't stupid. He'd seen his grades and his answers to the essay questions on his exams. As far as Derek was concerned, he was a genius and he, like Lydia, had tested out of several freshman level courses.

Derek barely gave it a second thought before he shifted into his wolf form and slipped into the backyard. This time however, he took a different approach than he had the last time. He moved into view and then sat down before tilting his head. He waited for the guy to notice him.

When Stiles caught movement in his peripherals his ears went back ready to hiss and claw. Realizing it was the wolf, he sighed, and his ears drooped again. "Look, Mr. Grumpy Wolf. I'm not in the mood for a battle of wits or puns or whatever. So can we, like, fight tomorrow or whatever?"

Derek almost let out a whine. It was a very close call. "Well, I was going to see if you just wanted to chat a little. I may have gotten a bit carried away last time we interacted."

Stiles looked at the wolf and tilted his head. His ears twitched curiously, and his tail flicked with intrigue. "I-I um...yeah sure. I will warn you though once I start talking, I tend to go on a lot of tangents. So, if you get annoyed or something just say shut up or something. Ok?"

Derek laid down on the grass and gave a small nod, his teeth glinting in the moonlight. "I will let you know if it's too much but honestly I'm a good listener and I'm often not someone who talks much at all."

Stiles's tail flicked before he laid down on the ledge. "Could've fooled me but at least you're not growling this time."

Derek and Stiles talked for what seemed like hours but neither gave away anything personal or anything about their human selves.

Stiles tilted his head. "Hey Mr. Wolf? Do you have a um...human form?"

Derek smiled at the formality and then tilted his head, but it was easy for him to answer. "Yes. I do. Do you?"

Stiles shyly nodded, his curiosity growing, but he did try to stomp that down. He'd rather not prove to be a stereotype with the whole curiosity killed a cat thing. He kneaded at the roof a little as he said, "Y-Yeah. I do. I-I think-W-well maybe it would be cool if-I hope I'm lucky enough to bump into you in that form."

Derek's tail started wagging. "I hope so too. I'm not really a people person but I do hope we get to meet."

Stiles let out a soft purr at the action, finding it adorable and smiled. "You're not so bad when you're not all grrrrrrrrr."