⍟ !ANGST! The Final Duet ↞Soniaki↠ ⍟

THERE ARE MAJOR DR2 SPOILERS IN THIS CHAPTER, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALSO THIS IS A DESPAIR/KILLING GAME/CANON AU.
TW'S FOR THIS STORY: SONIAKI, MENTIONS OF HAJIME HINATA, FUYUHIKO KUZURYU, AKANE OWARI, MONOKUMA, AND THE SHIP CHARACTERS, TRIAL 5 OF DR2 INCLUDING QUOTES FROM THE TRIAL, THE SONG LOVE LIKE YOU FROM STEVEN UNIVERSE
Headcanons for this story: Pan Sonia (She/her, AFAB) and Pan Chiaki (wow I'm so creative anyway she/they AFAB demigirl)
Wholesome art (The chapter's cover is a meme too!) in case you don't want the spoilers :]

TW'S FOR THIS STORY: SONIAKI, MENTIONS OF HAJIME HINATA, FUYUHIKO KUZURYU, AKANE OWARI, MONOKUMA, AND THE SHIP CHARACTERS, TRIAL 5 OF DR2 INCLUDING QUOTES FROM THE TRIAL, THE SONG LOVE LIKE YOU FROM STEVEN UNIVERSEHeadcanons for this story: Pan So...

Anyway enjoy the angst :D /s

Sonia's POV
Yet another one of these trials, this time to find out who murdered Nagito Komaeda, the Ultimate Lucky Student. I had already lost Gundham in the last trial, so I wasn't in the mood for another. Chiaki was acting awfully weird this time around, and there was this strange glitchy effect all around the island. The lift was emptier yet again, and knowing that one of my fellow students would be gone after this hurt even more. I sighed a little, and headed over to my podium, waiting patiently for the trial to start. I felt like crying already, thinking about all the scenarios that could happen. The worst verdict was Chiaki dying, we were very close friends and I could not lose her to an evil bear.

Time Skip to just after halfway through the trial

"What's wrong, Chiaki? Get a hold of yourself...!" Monomi squealed at the top of her lungs as Chiaki spoke about some traitor. I came out of my slight daydream as Chiaki started speaking, I had known the entire time something was up. 2 of my closest friends, one after the other. I couldn't bear it for any longer. I wanted it all to stop. Me and Chiaki were a little closer though, or at least in my eyes...

Chiaki's POV
I could barely speak. I wanted everyone to get off the island safely, especially Sonia. I had to keep my confident persona going though. For the Future Foundation. And for Sonia.

"Who do you think it is Hajime? Who do you think the Future Foundation sent to infiltrate your group as the traitor?" I questioned the boy, who also looked concerned. "W-Why?" His face looked even more shocked than before, but Sonia was even worse. She stood at her podium, looking down and constantly sighing. She was worse than when we investigated Nekomaru's death and Gundham got found to be the blackened. It was as if she fell into a sudden depression. "A traitor who's not allowed to think that they're different from everyone else..." A loud gasp echoed through the trial room. "Chiaki... you should have said sooner..." Sonia said in a shaky voice, still looking down, she had never moved an inch from the position that she was stood in earlier. "Ah, Sonia..." I sighed, realising how protective she usually was of me. Having her hear this especially in a class trial would probably hurt a lot. "NO CHIAKI, I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR THAT COME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!" She yelled, making Fuyuhiko and Akane jump a little. "THIS ISN'T A TIME FOR YOU TO APOLOGISE, I'M BEING SERIOUS." The only time she looked up was just there, to yell at me. "Woah there princess, take it down a notch! My poor little ears can only handle so much arguing, ya know?" Monokuma tutted, slamming his chair. "WRAP IT UP MONOKUMA PLEASE!" Hajime screamed, trying to break up the chaos a little. "Thank you Hajime." I sighed, waiting for the conversation to continue. "So... I guessing you're the traitor after all..." Sonia whispered. "Yup. Good guess." I replied in a monotone voice, also sad now that Sonia was sad. I had liked her for a while, so seeing her acting different than usual felt really strange.