✿You're my sunflower!〚Sakuraoi〛✿

TWS FOR THIS STORY: SAKURAOI, MENTIONS OF YASUHIRO, YUTA, AND SHIP CHARACTERS, THE SONG SUNFLOWER BY POST MALONE AND SWAE LEE

Headcanons featured in this story: Pan Sakura, Lesbian Aoi, PLANT MOMS AOI AND SAKURA UGH YES

A/N: I had to research when a bloody sunflower was in bloom for this story sekdjrodmdk I hope you enjoy as this is inspired by one of my favourite songs :] Also I 100% recommend looping Sunflower while reading this, it really adds to the vibes tbh. OKAY I'LL SHUT UP NOW ENJOY!

Aoi's POV
August 1st, Hope's Peak greenhouse
I met Sakura for our weekly greenhouse visit. It was around the middle of Summer, so we were expecting some cool new blooms. I brought the donut stash with me so we had some snacks while we were looking around, we got hungry really easily. Sakura just about kicked the door down as she walked in with a full trolley of protein shakes! This was gonna be fun, I could tell right from the start.

Sakura's POV
"Sorry I'm late!" I caught my breath after running all the way from the ground floor to the 5th. You'd think someone like me would be used to running as far as that, but it was still tough. "You ready then?" I asked Aoi, who was already eating a donut. "Oh! Um, sure?" She said, gulping down her last bite as I laughed. "Come on, we'll have plenty left." I smiled as I took her, what seemed like, tiny hand. We'd been dating ever since I left my ex-boyfriend and I prefer it much more.

I wouldn't care what gender she was, as long as her signature, bubbly and fun-loving personality stuck around I'd be happy any day of the week, month, or year. She nicknamed me The Gentle Giant just before we started dating, a much better taste than "Ogre", which Yasuhiro decided on, and she'd always ask if everyone seemed like ants to me, to which I'd just laugh as she'd beg for an answer. She skipped along, dragging me with her and we admired every different species of plant that lived in the greenhouse. But there was one that stuck out.

Aoi's POV
I gasped, pointing my finger as if I was a small child at a zoo. "LOOK SAKURA! A SUNFLOWER!" I jumped up and down as Sakura fixed the daisy chains she had made, which were slowly falling apart, but with Sakura's strength they had bonded almost perfectly again. "Oh wow! That's lovely, Hina." She smiled, placing the daisy chain around my ponytail. "Sunflowers remind me of you, bright and full of fun." She was right. I could see the resemblance too! "Aw, I have a little flower doppelgänger now!" We both giggled, watering the sunflower with a nearby watering can.

"This is a true beauty, I think we'll need to spend some time focusing on this!" "You think so?" "Uh huh! I say DAILY visits just to see Mr. Sunflower!" I smiled, desperate to come everyday after our little breakfast meet and greets. "That sounds like a plan then, Hina." Sakura nodded and agreed. She gently kissed the back of my hand and we left, ready to meet the next day. I grabbed a few protein shakes and some donuts on the way out, deciding in my head what movie to watch while I was devouring those amazing looking treats.

Sakura's POV
August 2nd, Hope's Peak greenhouse
I ran back to the greenhouse, expecting Aoi there, but she somehow hadn't turned up yet. Luckily there was a clock we had added ages ago when we first started meeting, so I kept glancing at that until around 11, which was when I began to worry. I dashed down to her dorm and knocked the door as hard as I could.

"Give me a minute! I'm getting ready!" She yelled, giving me a crucial piece of mind. I sighed a breath of relief as the door opened and she pulled on her hoodie. "I'm really sorry about that Sakura, me and Yuta were on the phone until about half 4 in the morning last night, so I was really tired!" "It's honestly alright, I'm just worried really easily." I smiled at her to which she smiled back. I then picked her up bridal style, followed by her tiny little yelp and her laugh, and we went back to the greenhouse.

Aoi's POV
I skipped in, knowing the exact spot where Mr. Sunflower lived. My smile spread even wider as I realised the sunflower had grown even more! "SAKURA, IT'S BIGGER!" I was overjoyed at the fact it was still beautiful but was also growing healthily. "It's amazing how tall they grow, right Hina?" "Yeah, it is." I then remembered one of my favourite songs that me and Sakura would sing, and it was actually called Sunflower.

"Sakura, remember that Sunflower song?" I questioned her as she looked at me in a joyful shock. "Hina, that's an amazing song. We should put it on!" We scrambled around the greenhouse looking for at least one phone, but nothing could be found. "I left mine in my dorm, I think. I actually think it ran out of battery last night so that's why, it's probably charging." I shrugged my shoulders trying to remember. "Oh, I just left mine behind out of forgetfulness. Silly me I guess!" We laughed it off and continued admiring the sunflower.

Sakura's POV
That song, it reminded me so much of Hina. "Every time I'm walkin' out, I can hear you tellin' me to turn around, Fightin' for my trust and you won't back down, Even if we gotta risk it all right now." She'd always want to stick by me, no matter the situation, and she'd always beg for me to stay for 5 minutes longer. That 5 minutes would turn into 10, into 20, into 30, all the way into a full night. It was fun, but we lost a lot of rest through it most of the time. She sat on the small ledge next to the sunflower, mouth wide open like an intrigued child. She reached her hand out to touch it and she got all excited, running her hand over the petals. "Hina, you're my Sunflower." I smiled as she turned around and put her focus on me. "Sakura, that's a new compliment!" "Oh, I'm just quoting the song, quite a bit of that song reminds me of you." "Aww, you think?" She smiled, extremely happy that her favourite song sent the same vibes as herself. "Yeah, it really does. Now, shall we go get some snacks, my little sunflower?" Her eyes lit up with the comment and she replied with, hopping onto my back for a piggyback ride, "Absolutely, let's go, Sakura!" She pointed her finger like a jockey over to the large tray of donuts and we tucked in, with occasional hugs throughout.