Green Leaves

Brooke's Point of View:

I'm so excited! Today, my father, Bolobo, is going to teach me how to better control my power over nature!  "Come on, Brooke!" my father called. I raced outside, where he was waiting. "Today, I'll teach you how to ensnare your opponets in vines. Watch." my father told me before he created vines and wrapped up the training dummies using the vines he created. I don't think I can do it! I thought. "Your turn." my father told me. "Focus. Imagine wrapping the dummies in vines." I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I imagined ensnaring the training dummies in vines. After a moment, I opened my eyes. I sighed. The training dummies weren't ensnared in vines. "Brooke?" My father asked me. "We'll have to work on your aim next." he said. I was confused and turned to look at my dad. I had to try so hard not to laugh. I may have not ensnared the training dummies in vines, but I had ensnared my father in vines! "Yea. This is very funny. Now let me out!" my father muttered. "Sorry. I know how to trap people, not untrap them!" I laughed. "Get your mother." he sighed. "Um, she's at the store." I replied. "I guess your stuck like that till she gets back." I fell to the ground, laughing my head off. My father looked annoyed. Which only made me laugh harder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~2 Hours Later~~~~~~~~~~

My mom finally managed to get my father out of the vines after an hour of cutting the vines. I'm sitting on the roof, watching the sunset. Everything was so peaceful. I don't think anything can go wrong. Then, I felt someone grab me and I'm face-to-face with a shadow. I screamed. I didn't think someone would hear me, but I was wrong. My father came out of nowhere and used vines to throw the shadow off the roof. When it hit the ground, it vanished. "Are you okay?" My father asked me. My heart was going a million beats a minute. "F-fine." I stammered. My father looked at the place where the shadow was a moment ago. "I thought Ash said that if we took out the leader, the shadows wouldn't bother us. I guess he was wrong." he murmured. Shadows? Ash? What? What's going on?!