Chapter 19: Movie Night (Day?)

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, sure, I'll go make more popcorn, and get more snacks," I agreed.

"I'll help," Blaze offered, and I nodded, not wanting to leave him alone with Charlotte, knowing the rivalry between them was fierce.

I pulled a couple bags of microwave popcorn out of a cabinet and tossed them to Blaze. "Put those in the microwave, okay?"

He nodded, and I dug around on the higher shelves for Oreos and gummy bears.

"Do you have skittles?" Fletcher called from the living room.

I shoved a few more boxes aside. Hey, I had to hide this stuff from my brother. "Yeah, I'll get them," I yelled back, dropping the bag on the counter.

When the popcorn was done, we poured it in a big bowl and walked back to the others with the candy and popcorn.

"We should get Rayon over," Blaze suggested.

"Already tried that when we were first coming, man, he's busy," Fletcher said, shaking his head.

We argued over a movie for a log time, before finally settling on the Maze Runner, though the guys weren't all that happy with it.

I was wedged in the middle of the couch, with Fletcher on one side, and Charlotte on the other. She was none too pleased that Blaze was on the other side of her.

"Stop taking all the popcorn," she whined, elbowing Blaze.

"You're the one who's hogging it," he muttered, dropping a few pieces back in the bowl.

"Ew, gross, now it's contaminated," she groaned.

Blaze snorted. "With what, cooties?"

"You guys are so cute together," Fletcher laughed.

I hit him. "Shut up, people, I'm trying to watch a movie here!"

"Well excuse me," Charlotte huffed, trying to scoot away from Blaze.

The previews ended and the movie began, hushing our arguments. We watched in near silence for the first ten or so minutes, other than Fletcher, who was making fun of Thomas for being a sissy, his words, not mine.

"Look at him," he scoffed. "Wakes up in a box, almost shits himself. The guy needs to grow some balls."

"Shut up!" I said, smacking him.

"Make me," Fletcher smirked.

I leaned close to him, then quickly brought my hand up, shoving a handful of redhots in his mouth.

Two seconds later, he stood hurriedly, rushing out of the room, face red and panicked.

"What did you do?" Charlotte asked.

"I may have accidentally shoved some spicy candy in his mouth," I shrugged.

Blaze laughed. "Nice one." He looked back to where Fletcher had run off to and yelled at him. "Not such a bad boy now, are you?"

Fletcher was silent in the kitchen for a long time.

He finally came back out, and walked over to Charlotte.

"Give me the popcorn."

She looked up at him hesitantly, but handed it to him after a moment. Fletcher turned around, and I figured he was eating it.

"Here, Blaze. Heard you wanted this," he smirked, and winked at Charlotte. She raised her eyebrows at him, but didn't protest. Blaze took the bowl and held it in his lap, and Fletcher sat back down, watching the movie again.